Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Thanks for that Rex. Are you able to translate that to practical info? How deep might it be with those numbers?
The flow rate is pretty normal for non rainy periods. I’ve seen it go 5x that after thunderstorms. The depth at our crossing doesn’t change much. So Toyota Corolla driveable.

The gauge is about a mile from the crossing, where the river is narrow and deep.

Reactions: roots66

2WheelRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

Thanks for that Rex. Are you able to translate that to practical info? How deep might it be with those numbers?
The flow rate is pretty normal for non rainy periods. I’ve seen it go 5x that after thunderstorms. The depth at our crossing doesn’t change much. So Toyota Corolla driveable.

The gauge is about a mile from the crossing, where the river is narrow and deep.
Awesome! I look forward to it.

Weavor

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Pollard
Member #

Clarification needed, We showing up at meet site at 8AM or we leaving at 8AM. Also ANything specific we need?

Reactions: roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
We've decided to camp up near Fredericksburg Saturday night, so I'll be pulling my overland camper along for this trip. Hope that's not an issue!
No issue at all

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Clarification needed, We showing up at meet site at 8AM or we leaving at 8AM. Also ANything specific we need?
We are meeting at 8am in San Gabriel Park. Leaving at 9am. Just snax/drinks and something to take lots of pics with. We will be fueling up at HEB in Marble Falls before hitting the trail, so you can also grab something there.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Taco camper checking in, just got home. We had a blast with you all, thanks again for putting this together.

I should be able to post a link to the unedited drone footage later this evening.
Checking the front/rear cams now. Don't think I caught the bobcat, but still some good views.

BirfMark

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Manor, TX, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Blacklin
Member #

Let's see if this works. This is all 100% un-edited, raw off my drone. I did rename a couple files to try & make it easier to find your rig. Let me know if you have any questions or problems!

Link to my Google Drive Photos

All I ask is that if you're going to use the footage on YouTube or similar, please comment here or message me with the link, and credit me.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Let's see if this works. This is all 100% un-edited, raw off my drone. I did rename a couple files to try & make it easier to find your rig. Let me know if you have any questions or problems!

Link to my Google Drive Photos

All I ask is that if you're going to use the footage on YouTube or similar, please comment here or message me with the link, and credit me.
Awesome job. Really shows what a great trip it was.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
A couple good vids from the dash cam.

atxchris

Rank 0

Contributor II

Dripping Springs, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Barczewski
Can anyone familiar with this route help me with a question? I'm wondering where along the Texas Hill Country overland route is OK for overnight camping? I hear there is a lot of private land and not sure where to camp...