Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

DVC is absolutely right. As I stated in an earlier post on this thread. Depends on everything DVC listed plus traveling speed, type of road. Deep sand at slow speed is not as big a threat to your beads as rock crawling. Plus remember! If you are doing 35mph down a dirt road sidewall heat becomes an issue and you don’t want to be down at 12psi.

My Rover w/255-55-18:
45psi-highway travel
30psi-dirt road 20-25mph
20psi-dirt road 10-15mph
15psi-deep sand 10mph
10psi-deep sand below 10mph

My K3500 Chevy Dually pulling a 10,000lb toybox in deep sand below 10mph-18psi front, 10psi all four rears.
Yup, totally agree. The factors I listed relate to the amount of bulge at a given pressure...and the ones you added relate to what amount of bulge is appropriate.

Speaking of which, what amount of bulge do you like for dirt road, off-road, and deep sand?

ovrlndr

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Broom
Member #

I used to air my 35x12.50 BFG KO2 down to 10-12 PSI with non-beadlocks. I now stick to around 12-15 PSI, since this happened on Moab Rim at 10 PSI... By the way, an ARB Twin compressor can set a bead. Ask me how I know...

Reactions: DVC

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
I used to air my 35x12.50 BFG KO2 down to 10-12 PSI with non-beadlocks. I now stick to around 12-15 PSI, since this happened on Moab Rim at 10 PSI... By the way, an ARB Twin compressor can set a bead. Ask me how I know...
Doh, that's a bummer. Glad you got it re-seated and were able to drive out without switching to the spare.

I have my Staun deflators set to 15-18 psi and have not had any issues or found the need to go lower (no beadlocks).