Launch Member

Contributor II

North Portland, Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Hey there! I'm a recent transplant from FL with his hiking and camping roots in New England. I'm pretty new to the overlanding experience, but pretty eager to get lost with my '00 4Runner. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys!

... any leads for good overnight runs? I've gone out to the trails around Washougal a couple of times, but AllTrails and Gaia are proving to be difficult to figure out where else there is to go locally. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Find a direction you want to go and you’ll find roads , we have so many forest service roads it’s frightening . You never know what you may find , unfortunately you will find a lot of gates blocking off logging land so backtracking happens a lot .

Reactions: Fiffa

Fiffa

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

North Portland, Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Find a direction you want to go and you’ll find roads , we have so many forest service roads it’s frightening . You never know what you may find , unfortunately you will find a lot of gates blocking off logging land so backtracking happens a lot .
Looks like I'll have to make even more time to explore and document my findings!

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Google "Browns camp", Tillamook state forest, molalla river. Just those three could take years to cover, Sand Lake at the coast for sand dunes.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I love it, I've regeared to 4.10s and have the Trifecta tune, made it a different truck. It's is only limited to it's ground clearance, I'm running 33's, you can go as high as 37's if you want to cut sheetmetal. A fully stock ZR with a Trifcta tune would be great for most off roaders.

The Diesel is great if you tow alot, just low on power and DEF issues are very common.