97 Chevy Suburban- The Adventure Rig

• HTML tutorial

Widgeonmangh

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Put on some new Bilsteins. Old ones were probably off the factory floor! Next suspension upgrade will be a Hellwig sway bar but that will probably be later after bumpers.
Don't be envious of my custom $100 work mat for working on your truck in the driveway. :)

plywood.jpgbad shocks.jpgftont bil shocks.jpgftont bil shocks.jpg

Reactions: MazeVX

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Reactions: Widgeonmangh

Widgeonmangh

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Haven't been doing a lot to the rig but outfitting with some fun kit.
Here is the latest addition.

Upgraded my aux. battery situation so I can tell exactly where I am at with the charge and can move it easier. My current procedure is once establishing camp (for multiple days) is to disconnect the aux AMG battery that I have under the hood and hook in the 100 ah LiFePO to the electrical system of the rig.(BCDC charger and a solar ) now it will be much more tidy with Anderson plugs and protected with the box. Box will also be handy if I need to plug in the air compressor or a water pump for a shower etc. I won't be tied to how far the cords can reach to the vehicle. Anderson plugs still need to arrive from Amazon but they attach to the grey wires I harvested from cheap jumper cables.

IMG_0903.jpg
IMG_0907.jpg
IMG_0906.jpg
IMG_0909.jpg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Haven't been doing a lot to the rig but outfitting with some fun kit.
Here is the latest addition.

Upgraded my aux. battery situation so I can tell exactly where I am at with the charge and can move it easier. My current procedure is once establishing camp (for multiple days) is to disconnect the aux AMG battery that I have under the hood and hook in the 100 ah LiFePO to the electrical system of the rig.(BCDC charger and a solar ) now it will be much more tidy with Anderson plugs and protected with the box. Box will also be handy if I need to plug in the air compressor or a water pump for a shower etc. I won't be tied to how far the cords can reach to the vehicle. Anderson plugs still need to arrive from Amazon but they attach to the grey wires I harvested from cheap jumper cables.

View attachment 205072
View attachment 205073
View attachment 205074
View attachment 205075
How are you securing the battery inside the box?