Creator II

Brownsburg, Indiana, United States
First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Be apart of a unique Overlanding trip. Join the
Xpedition supporting KGX for Wounded Heroes Rally. This is a unique rally that is held once a year since 2018 in Michigans Upper Peninsula. Help us give back to the ones that have served to keep us free.

Reactions: Kent R

Kgxpedition

Rank VII

Creator II

First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Hey guys I’m putting together the actual trail map for this yr. if there is something you all would like to see or do please let me know and I will try to incorporate it into this yrs run. We will be heading towards the Abbaye point region which is northwest of Marquette. I’m not going to Keewanaw really not worth the hype. To me it’s a waste of time. Way better trails in the L’Anse region.

DadJokes

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

KY
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Kil
Service Branch
US Air Force
I’m moving from KY to S. Indiana but I’m gonna try to keep an eye out for upcoming trips. I’ve got a couple of things to change up on my Jeep but I should be done over the next couple of months.

OVRLANDnoob

Rank III

Member I

Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Childs
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey guys! I would love to get in on this trip. Currently I dont have any armor or a wench. I do have good AT tires and should have a lift before September. Do you guys think I would have any issues on this trip? Oh, Im just getting started into Overlanding.

My trailblazer has is 4wd, no lockers, no current lift, my tire size is 255 75 17 all terrain tires. No armor but should in the next month or two.

Last edited:

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Hey guys! I would love to get in on this trip. Currently I dont have any armor or a wench. I do have good AT tires and should have a lift before September. Do you guys think I would have any issues on this trip? Oh, Im just getting started into Overlanding.

My trailblazer has is 4wd, no lockers, no current lift, my tire size is 255 75 17 all terrain tires. No armor but should in the next month or two.
I think with good tires and 4 wheel drive you’d be fine. It’s mostly sandy mud and not a lot of rocks so skids and sliders aren’t a must but anomalies do happen. Wouldn’t worry about a winch for this trip as long as you got a decent tow strap. I know at least two people in attendance that has a winch so one will be available if needed. @Kgxpedition will have to have the final say about going though as it looks like the trip is at max limit and he is leading this event.

JeeperJim

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Grand Haven, Ottawa County, Michigan, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8TFB
Service Branch
Army
I'm interested in this trip. I'm a S/C disabled Vietnam vet with a JKU and a little experience...not an expert by any measure, but I love getting onto forest trails and doing some dispersed camping. Is there room for another to join in?

Last edited:
Reactions: Commish1999

Kgxpedition

Rank VII

Creator II

First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Wood
Member #

I'm interested in this trip. I'm a S/C disabled Vietnam vet with a JKU and a little experience...not an expert by any measure, but I love getting onto forest trails and doing some dispersed camping. Is there room for another to join in?
Yes I have a couple of spots left. Let me know. This is a private event.

Reactions: JeeperJim

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Hi all I see lots people from OH . I'm driving from VA and one person from FL. My question if anyone wants to joi a venture at Grayling MI I know a good camping spot there right near a creek. It private land but it's very remote even still like fee miles away from Graying. Another spot near Gaylord also on river. So all depends on availability.

Reactions: Commish1999

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Just be clear private land (I'm not trespassing) - it will need to pay for camp 20 bucks. A very cool secluded place.

Reactions: SJ.Overland

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
@phlfly appreciate the offer. I would take you up on it, but I will either be in Cleveland or The Indiana Dunes until Sunday morning. I have a few possibilities for the weekend prior, I plan to make my drive the morning of Sunday or Saturday night.

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

@phlfly appreciate the offer. I would take you up on it, but I will either be in Cleveland or The Indiana Dunes until Sunday morning. I have a few possibilities for the weekend prior, I plan to make my drive the morning of Sunday or Saturday night.
Well let me know I think I go there on Sunday so next day would be few hundreds miles left

Reactions: SJ.Overland

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Hi all I see lots people from OH . I'm driving from VA and one person from FL. My question if anyone wants to joi a venture at Grayling MI I know a good camping spot there right near a creek. It private land but it's very remote even still like fee miles away from Graying. Another spot near Gaylord also on river. So all depends on availability.
I think @MWallace and I are going up Saturday and meeting up with another member in the LP them staying somewhere that night. @SJ.Overland will be meeting up with us at some point. We will end up getting to Needles Point Sunday.

Reactions: phlfly

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I think @MWallace and I are going up Saturday and meeting up with another member in the LP them staying somewhere that night. @SJ.Overland will be meeting up with us at some point. We will end up getting to Needles Point Sunday.
Do you have any good spots there? Do you Needle Point of Natural reserve area ?

Commish1999

Rank VII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I have no plans and I'm available anytime . My guess is that I'm leaving Saturday morning and driving to the UP.

l'll find some place to hang out until folks arrive...

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Do you have any good spots there? Do you Needle Point of Natural reserve area ?
Needles Point is the location of Kamp George in the UP. For spots I got a bunch save in Gaia for the UP but not much in the lower. @SJ.Overland, @MWallace, and I have been discussing where and when we are gonna split the drive up at or meet up but haven’t confirmed just yet.