Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

What's the timeline for this build?
It was going fairly well, but the so-called Pandemic slowed it. I was schedules to spend a week or so in Big Ben, Texas this Spring, but that didn't happen, as we could not leave the state(damn Deep State players).
I will not be able to spend much $ on it at this time, now that we bought a new house. Wife and I would like new living room furniture; and I need to build a shop here at the new place. My play-money has dwindled a bit. :grinning: It may be a year, or two before funds are available.

destinationdenmans

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Angelo, TX, USA
First Name
Patricia
Last Name
Denman
Member #

It was going fairly well, but the so-called Pandemic slowed it. I was schedules to spend a week or so in Big Ben, Texas this Spring, but that didn't happen, as we could not leave the state(damn Deep State players).
I will not be able to spend much $ on it at this time, now that we bought a new house. Wife and I would like new living room furniture; and I need to build a shop here at the new place. My play-money has dwindled a bit. :grinning: It may be a year, or two before funds are available.
Gotcha! That makes sense. I don't have a ton of play money so my build is going to be slow going. It's easy to get a little down when you see all the sick rigs out there. But that's why I bought the frontier, it's capable in stock form and we've been on some awesome trips already.

Reactions: eagle_A40

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Not much headway on my build.
I did upgrade my CB radio and ordered a couple hand-held UHF/VHF units for the wife and I. One unit will be installed in my truck, one in wife's car and I have a third radio I purchased last Fall, to be carried when out on foot.

Sorry, no pics to post.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Winch relay died, so I ordered a replacement. The location that I installed the controller is not easy to access. It can be done, but not without a few choice words. Being my original paint job wasn't anything to brag about, I decided to remove the bumper and strip it down to have it blasted, primed and painted. I have a friend who owns a blasting/painting business, so I carried it over to him.
I picked it up yesterday.
IMG_0696.jpg

Being the winch and controller wasn't installed, my wife helped to unload it. We place it on our camping matt and drop-cloth to not scratch the fresh paint job. I then replaced the failed relay and installed the winch and controller.
IMG_0702.jpg

I'm going to try a test-fit today, to make certain the controller is easier to access in the future.
IMG_0703.jpg

Reactions: El-Dracho

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
Nice truck! Nothing against Tacos, but it's nice seeing different mid-sized pickups used for overlanding. Toyota builds a great truck supported very well by the aftermarket, it's just nice seeing something a little more unique!

Reactions: eagle_A40

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Update:

Since the "Plandimic" back in early 2020, my travel plans to run off-road trails out west have changed. Fuel went sky-high and National Parks were closed. You know, the whole "Shut Down the Country" thing.
Then, in the summer of that year, we bought a new house. I started building a shop. Daughter, SIL and granddaughter moved out of state.
The Nissan became too small and uncomfortable for hauling ourselves and items back and forth (from Louisiana to Kansas), and too small for hauling large item for the shop build. I figured it would be a while before I'd find time for riding trials, so I decided last summer to sell the Nissan and buy something with more cab room. The Nissan Frontier stayed on the market (FB Marketplace) for a total of 15 minutes. Of course, I removed everything I had install, except for the front bumper, winch and suspension upgrades.
I bought a gently used half-ton to replace it with and am slowly adding upgrades. (2010 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4)

I'll start a built thread on it when I get a chance.

img-4122_orig.jpg

Reactions: GLOCKer

TTFR

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Murphy
I then began building a Accessory Power board using a section of ABS. Installed 5 relays(four 30/40AMP and one 50 AMP).
I added a 12 position Blue Sea fuse block and HD buss-bar.
View attachment 130810
Hey, you don't know where to get those screw terminal white plastic bus bars do you? I got one with an Arduino Kit and haven't been able to find them since.

They are super handy.