Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRDP535
The release of the 3.0L Duramax numbers are enticing. I currently overland a 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and the extended range is phenomenal compared to the V8's I used to drive.

For me, I like the Duramax/10 Speed combo in a GMC AT4, but I also like the idea of the 3rd GEN EcoDiesel in the Rebel. One question I have about the GM is the locking diff, the G80. What is y'alls opinion on it if you have it?

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Hey there!

Happy to see another Chevy full size rig here.

Here’s mine...she started out as a Tuscany Black Ops edition, outfitted here in Fort Worth, Texas. 6” lift, 35” KO2 tires (which are beyond awesome) and some nice cosmetics. I’ve added Pro Comp coilovers up front, Firestone air bags in the back to level things out, a Snugtop cap shell with Yakima MegaWarrior basket up top and a Decked in bed drawer system. More coming including a bumper and winch up front. She’s a beast and a little bit fat in the back but when it comes to carrying 1300 pounds of gear and getting 15MPG doing 90 on my way to the mountains...well it’s a tough rig to beat. And honestly...it’s fun sticking out in the sea of Toyota’s and Jeeps.

Welcome to the full size club!

Good mother Earth, you had me at 'Here's mine' lol. That is one freaking awesome rig. I am not so patiently waiting to get my 6' lift and 35's on my 2500hd next week. Yours is on a whole new level.

samsara

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glendale, Az
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Winham
Member #

The release of the 3.0L Duramax numbers are enticing. I currently overland a 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and the extended range is phenomenal compared to the V8's I used to drive.

For me, I like the Duramax/10 Speed combo in a GMC AT4, but I also like the idea of the 3rd GEN EcoDiesel in the Rebel. One question I have about the GM is the locking diff, the G80. What is y'alls opinion on it if you have it?
The G80 has been fine for me. It is a true mechanical locker when engaged. The only issue is you can’t floor it, then suddenly have it lock up or you’ll damage it. Also on technical terrain it can unlock if your on and off the gas a lot.

hudson122021

Rank I

Contributor III

CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lehnhoff
Ok! Just finished my biggest instal yet. I personally drilled 12 holes in my truck to make this happen. Each one hurt but the final product was worth it. So this is the slimline tray (1475mm W x 1560mm L). I added a third pair of legs for more strength.

Mounted on top is front runner RTT and a 13 gal water tank. I also mounted a shovel on the side!!! Let me know if you have questions and if you have any suggestions for me.

I’ll be in Alabama Hills this weekend breaking it in.

Question, love the set up first of all. I have the same truck but can’t seem to find and replacement 805 Z71 Edition badges anywhere! If anyone could help that would be awesome! Thank you!F849E3CC-76E7-4A8E-A104-7267E9461C83.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: RoarinRow

hudson122021

Rank I

Contributor III

CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lehnhoff
Hey all, would love any advise as I am a new OB member just getting into things. I have a 2017 silverado 1500 with a Z71 805 offroad edition. I have leveled the truck and put on a rigid sr 10" in the grill and dually midnight on the hood mounts. I currently have a tentsile tent as my main sleeper but hope eventually to add a frontrunner bed rack with RTT.

if anyone else has any silverado overland secrets would love to learn.

Here are a few pics of the truck.

I have the same edition Silverado. Do you have any idea where to find the badges or really any info on this package? Thanks

AzGnome

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TZO
Hey all, would love any advise as I am a new OB member just getting into things. I have a 2017 silverado 1500 with a Z71 805 offroad edition. I have leveled the truck and put on a rigid sr 10" in the grill and dually midnight on the hood mounts. I currently have a tentsile tent as my main sleeper but hope eventually to add a frontrunner bed rack with RTT.

if anyone else has any silverado overland secrets would love to learn.

Here are a few pics of the truck.

Attachments