Launch Member

Advocate III

Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Turner
Member #

So I purchased a Brawlee light to fit on my back glass for area lighting when camping/overlanding. Many people have installed this light and have been extremely happy with it.. Here is my question, when attempting to tap into my dome light which one of the wires is the HOT? I see 3 wires, 1-yellow; 1 yellow w/white tracer; 1 black. I don’t have a woofer nor do I have a 12v adapter back there. I want to be able to control the light independently of the dome. Just need a hot wire so that i can power it on and off via the supplied remote when I need area lighting. Any help is greatly appreciated.

BT

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

I just installed one of these but I had the charger outlet that I tapped off of. I believe that there is a connector off the rear harness under the right rear interior panel up in the corner even if you don't have the outlet. If you have two connectors, it would be the smaller one. Look for a blue wire/red stripe and a black wire. Also check your fuse panel, you may have to put a fuse in the M7 location. The M7 fuse should have a keyed power and full time power position.

One thing to note, it appears that some JK's do not have the rear accessory portion of the harness connected to power if you don't have rear accessories. No consistency though, just need to check to find out.

BTW the light works great so far.

Reactions: Turnerxc

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

The wiring harness is the same with or without the 12v, sub, etc, so you have the plugs. Its behind the plastic covering the wheel well near where the roll bar drops in. Go to Harbor Freight and pick up a voltage detector and test each outlet of the plug until you find constant power or keyed power.

Reactions: Turnerxc

Turnerxc

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Turner
Member #

The wiring harness is the same with or without the 12v, sub, etc, so you have the plugs. Its behind the plastic covering the wheel well near where the roll bar drops in. Go to Harbor Freight and pick up a voltage detector and test each outlet of the plug until you find constant power or keyed power.
Thank you both. I may be back on here with more questions. Cheers!

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Thats what its all about. Learning. So much to learn to get it right the first time. Cant tell you how many times I've had to redo something on my rig because I didnt ask questions or didn't fully understand the long term. Its my hobby. My wife still doesnt understand.

Turnerxc

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Thats what its all about. Learning. So much to learn to get it right the first time. Cant tell you how many times I've had to redo something on my rig because I didnt ask questions or didn't fully understand the long term. Its my hobby. My wife still doesnt understand.
Haha. Mine neither! Update: light is wired up and working like a charm! Thanks again for chiming in..