2012 jkur

• HTML tutorial

Rudyr03

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami fl
On the dual battery topic: I have the M.O.R.E (Mountain Off-Road Enterprises) Dual Battery kit installed in my '08. Fit was great. I picked it up to hold the dual Optima YellowTops so that I had more available juice if I needed to use the winch or run the lights for soccer practice. Just starting the Overlanding thing, so I will be adding the battery isolation kit from some mfg soon...
Nice keep us updated on what you chose and why.. I’m always learning !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spartancrating1

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

US
Member #

Nice rig. Think about an ARB awning, a couple of Rotopax for extra fuel and snorkel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rudyr03

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami fl
Nice rig. Think about an ARB awning, a couple of Rotopax for extra fuel and snorkel.

Just ordered a 50qt arb fridge this morning .. I was watching a YouTube video and saw a very inexpensive way to make an awning..
Haven’t checked the price on the arb awnings yet.. let me know what you think

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

spartancrating1

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

US
Member #

Let me know how that install goes. Instasking mine was a bitch. I went with the Tepui Autana Ruggedized for the tent and it is legit. On the expensive side but the quality shows.

Reactions: Rudyr03

Rudyr03

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami fl
Caved in and just ordered the genesis dual battery kit.. not taking any chances with my wife and kids in the car

Rudyr03

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami fl
For you guys running the dual battery kit or just have the knowledge.. do you guys prefer the odyssey pc1500 or the North Star batteries.. thanks in advance any info is appreciated

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Isn't just 1 yellow top and a solar panel enough to keep you charged up while using the ARB frig? You are not going into the frig that much after sunset, so the solar panel should be able to keep it charged up. If anything get one of those jump start batteries for emergencies or wait till about 9am to start the Jeep. Over thinking and overkill are hell on the checkbook.
On another note - your altitude problem can be solved by installing a small tire valve into the top or side of the box to relieve the pressure.

Rudyr03

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami fl

Decided to pull the interior and lay down some Por15.. just a little preventative maintenance for the future..

Reactions: MazeVX

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Isn't just 1 yellow top and a solar panel enough to keep you charged up while using the ARB frig? You are not going into the frig that much after sunset, so the solar panel should be able to keep it charged up. If anything get one of those jump start batteries for emergencies or wait till about 9am to start the Jeep. Over thinking and overkill are hell on the checkbook.
On another note - your altitude problem can be solved by installing a small tire valve into the top or side of the box to relieve the pressure.
Exactly what I do and have never had a problem. I can sit for 20 hours and the jeep still starts.

Reactions: Graeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Decided to pull the interior and lay down some Por15.. just a little preventative maintenance for the future..

Wow

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

What stuff did you use? Some sound dampening like the stuff from lizard coatings?

Rudyr03

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami fl
Similar.. protects the metal from moisture. I was thinking of adding dynomat for sound deadening but not sure.. might just throw the rug back on and be done .. I have a soft top jeep so I learned to embrace the exterior noises lol

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I need to do this to mine, already have some light rust... Since I also have a 2012 jku, your thread is very interesting.
Really like your build!