Launch Member

Member I

Powell, TN, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hey all, I’m new to the overlanding scene, I mean like very new my buddy @Madax92 suggested it to me and I was very interested and was wondering if my stock 3.0 4wd ranger is a good start also what kind of equipment and mods on a budget would be good for beginners thanks!!
2DD88438-8061-490C-8540-D339CB9F1C2A.jpeg

Reactions: Big G

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Andrew and welcome to the OB community. I'm not the one to comment on your Ranger however there are plenty of members who can help and I'm sure they will connect with you. Also, check out the forums because there is information there regarding Rangers. But I do know that your rig will work just fine.

Reactions: XcultX

XcultX

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Powell, TN, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Hi Andrew and welcome to the OB community. I'm not the one to comment on your Ranger however there are plenty of members who can help and I'm sure they will connect with you. Also, check out the forums because there is information there regarding Rangers. But I do know that your rig will work just fine.
Thanks, I’m definitely excited to get back into the outdoors and explore. I appreciate the input!

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Zero mods required. Rangers are one of the best most capable economical overlanders out there.

Keep 'er stock, figure out how to sleep, keep food fresh, organize yer stuff and start driving.
Maybe get a bit more agressive rubber when these are miled out but the ones on it should be quiet and economical.

As you use it, you'll figure out what you want, need. Go to an Overland Rally sometime and meet a bunch of other guys.
Nice clean truck, that 3.0L is one of Fords best engines.