Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Maybe a week and a half for the body to be done. It still needs to get to the Bay Area. And then the work begins. Stay tuned...

1.jpg2.jpgIMG_0228.jpgIMG_0334.jpeg

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
While body shop is doing his magic on the body, I'll prep all the parts that bolt on it. Dash has been powder coated Navy Gray GR01 Cardinal, as all the rear cabinets will be. Ordered a new glove box door. This is dented a bit..

I'll make sure all the pieces fit. I did order a RHD set and ended up giving it to Alex at Fit Garage in Bend. I'll also wire on the frame the EATON lockers that Valley Hybrids in Stockton installed. I'm just getting amazing support from old friends and new.
IMG_1908.jpg

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Body has been sand blasted and will start painting soon. Doors have been primed. Can’t wait to get the body and start building this overland rig. Plan is to build something similar to our 80 series. Exception are, option to sleep in the Hercules AluCab pop up roof and on the bottom, a diesel hydronic heater for cab heat and instant hot water, option to cook inside (maybe an inductive cooktop), lithium 24V 100A secondary battery and a tall cabinet behind passenger seat with access also from outside through Gullwing window. Also a dual zone fridge - probably National Luna. Stay tuned…

IMG_1993.jpeg
IMG_1994.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: GLOCKer

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Finally after 24 months body is ready to be picked up. Every panel worked on or new OEM. NO RUST and all protected. Planning to drive down to Flagstaff and pick it up with our 60 series Landcruiser that just got a Toyota diesel engine from a Coaster bus in Honk Kong.

72826879988__24A3088D-DE76-4E70-8D43-F9FF717FA194.jpg72835184834__BD7C94F0-300E-424E-8ED8-573ABAFE7235.jpgIMG_0472.jpgIMG_0473.jpg

Wildcat-01

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Bay Area, California
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Tonelli
What an awesome build thread!
This really makes me nostalgic for the 2010's threads on places like 'Mud and Pirate.
Your Troopy will absolutely rock once it's all together, especially with all of the Cruiserhead dream goodies like a 1HD-T, H155F, and radius arm front axle with lockers.
I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

Reactions: Ob1

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Body is ready on a wood frame. Headed to Flagstaff tomorrow early AM with the 60 series landcruiser to pick it up on a trailer. Going down I’m taking a diesel engine 13Bt that I pulled from this 60. It has 15BFt now that came out of a Coaster Toyota bus from Honk Kong.
IMG_0535.jpeg
IMG_2100.jpeg
IMG_2102.jpeg
IMG_2103.jpeg

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Doors installed... Starting to look like a troopy.

Rear doors were purchased new from Toyota, front doors came from a new 79 series mine truck.

IMG_2182.JPG

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
One more layer of heavy rubber insulation for sound. I may add 1/2" felt under. Also new heater and AC OEM are in just to check fit. I'll pull it out in order to install the electrical harness. Also today installed the 4 eXplore glazing side windows using SIKA 221. Passenger front is a gullwing. I'll have a tall cabinet there so there is access from the outside. That glue/polyurethane is a bitch!!!

IMG_2308.JPGIMG_2313.JPG

Ob1

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Palo Alto, CA, USA
First Name
Ofer
Last Name
Bruhis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6UKE
Front door windows, latches and locks are in. Also the side window with Sika 221. Waiting for some wool sound insulation for the inside firewall. After that is electrical.

IMG_2380.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Dougnuts