Rank III

Traveler III

Newport News, Virginia, United States
First Name
Danny F
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Hey there Overland Bound Family, those of you that have an “Overland” trailer, do you take yours onto the beach? If so, those of you on the East coast, where do you go and what are some of the pitfalls?

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
No really Pitfalls besides don't park somewhere that when high tide comes up you may have issues other than that just make sure you air down all tires vehicles and trailers it will make it easier to move across the sand. I like to go to Cape Lookout in NC

Reactions: DFMiller13

DFMiller13

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Danny F
Last Name
Miller
Member #

No really Pitfalls besides don't park somewhere that when high tide comes up you may have issues other than that just make sure you air down all tires vehicles and trailers it will make it easier to move across the sand. I like to go to Cape Lookout in NC
Hey,

Thank you for your feedback. I fish at Hatteras, but just acquired the trailer this past weekend. I’ll be sure and checkout Cape Lookout. Thanks again!!!

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
I'm out west, but we take our trailer into sand. All the same sand consideration as normal, but more exaggerated. Air down and keep your momentum, have a backup plan. Out trailer isn't particularly heavy.

IMG_5864.JPG

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Hey,

Thank you for your feedback. I fish at Hatteras, but just acquired the trailer this past weekend. I’ll be sure and checkout Cape Lookout. Thanks again!!!
What type camper did you get ?

DFMiller13

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Danny F
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Hey,

What type camper did you get ?
It’s a DIY that I found on Marketplace. I’m installing a onboard water system with a propane hot water shower. It has a 400 watt battery system with power up to the RTT for charging your electronics.

Attachments

Reactions: zgfiredude

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
It’s a DIY that I found on Marketplace and was a work in progress. I’m installing an onboard water system with a propane hot water shower.
Nice set up , I’m working my campers outside shower now using a pelican 1600 case and ecco temp shower systems

Attachments