Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Well it seems something new comes in the mail everyday. Putting that work bonus to good use. I did a headlight swap on the Jeep. If you own a Jeep you know the stock headlights are sub-par. Say hello to my new JW Speaker #8700 Evolution J headlights.
This is one of the next projects for the Jeep, but the rear bumper comes first. Lol

VDawg1115

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Oakland, CA
Member #

Nice! It came out good. I can't wait to get my gobie stealth for the JKU-Rubicon
I think I would prefer the stealth over the ranger now. I got the Ranger because it's easier to mount the rooftop tent on. But once my trailer is done, that'll be kinda pointless anyways. The annoying thing is that all the Ranger Accessories are designed to fit the front half of the rack cause it begins sloping towards the back after the second crossbar. It's hard to configure and fit all the little accesories.

artist8686

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Chicago, IL
Member #

I think I would prefer the stealth over the ranger now. I got the Ranger because it's easier to mount the rooftop tent on. But once my trailer is done, that'll be kinda pointless anyways. The annoying thing is that all the Ranger Accessories are designed to fit the front half of the rack cause it begins sloping towards the back after the second crossbar. It's hard to configure and fit all the little accesories.
Thanks for your posts, although I couldn't see the 4 images from the original post. I am looking at the Gobi stealth for my JKUR as well, my plan is for a roof top tent mounted to the back half that would flip forward towards the front vs off to either side. That way I could just use the Gobi ladders and tent one if necessary. I would be mounting side and rear lights on it as well and an awning eventually.

VDawg1115

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Oakland, CA
Member #

Thanks for your posts, although I couldn't see the 4 images from the original post. I am looking at the Gobi stealth for my JKUR as well, my plan is for a roof top tent mounted to the back half that would flip forward towards the front vs off to either side. That way I could just use the Gobi ladders and tent one if necessary. I would be mounting side and rear lights on it as well and an awning eventually.
I just checked. The images are there. If the RTT will flip over the top front to back on your rig, yeah, the ladder would be useless. But if you flip from front to back you can use your Gobi ladder.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Got the same book. Working on these too! Heading to Alabama Hills in two weeks
We recently went to the film museum in Lone Pine. Alabama Hills have quite the history. I looking forward to seeing it myself.