Pittsburgh
First Name
Greg
Last Name
StClair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXQ724
What are you guys/gals using for a home address? I’d expect a family member’s home? My wife is wanting to sell the house and hit the road . I’ll be brainstorming here.
Thanks,

BDO

Reactions: Kent R

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Yes, we used a family member's address. We made sure to be entirely paperless before we set off to keep the mail to a minimum. We also kept our old driver's licenses and mostly used those at regular military or police stops south of the US. In FL we can just order a replacement license so we actually travelled with 3 total each (1 incorrect and 2 correct address), just in case. Never had an issue but having at least a second one, correct address or not, is good insurance.

Reactions: bear_den_overland

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
We are prepping and have secured an at home address at my brother in laws residence. It's going to be a lot easier that way for all licensing, passports, vehicle & health insurance, and voting. Because of where we live the Medicare supplemental insurance has no charge and as a retired couple we pay no state income taxes on our IRA withdrawals or Social Security.

Off-Road Ranger I

Pittsburgh
First Name
Greg
Last Name
StClair
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXQ724
We are prepping and have secured an at home address at my brother in laws residence. It's going to be a lot easier that way for all licensing, passports, vehicle & health insurance, and voting. Because of where we live the Medicare supplemental insurance has no charge and as a retired couple we pay no state income taxes on our IRA withdrawals or Social Security.
Thanks! Hey we have the same profile image!

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Thanks! Hey we have the same profile image!
Not the same- you are on the right side of the sign with a new vehicle, we are on the left side of the sign in a 28 year old 80- our photo was taken at 10 in the AM , it’s obvious that yours was taken a little after 10 PM - LMAO !! Great trip eh? We did not want to come home and are looking to spend a lot more time in the Yukon & NWT.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What are you guys/gals using for a home address? I’d expect a family member’s home? My wife is wanting to sell the house and hit the road . I’ll be brainstorming here.
Thanks,

BDO
You should get in touch with IronhorseOverland, they went full time a couple of years ago and have a really great solution for an address.
Message them here @Firemom or @Magic Mike

Firemom

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador

Pioneer III

Rapid City, Meade County, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Deb
Last Name
Lee (Ironhorse Overland)
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKU
Service Branch
Army Reserves
Howdy all. Hubby and I have been full time for nearly 3 years. We are domiciled in South Dakota and use Americas Mailbox for our address/mail service. The hold our mail and will ether scan it and send it to us via secure email is we ask them to or ship it to us wherever we are. You can use that address as your physical address on your license. The only issues are, some banks have it flagged as a mail service and want an actual house address. We have one bank that doesn’t accept and one that does. The only other issue is if you are a 2nd amendment supporter and want to buy a gun, you will need an actual house address. Feel free to hit me up for more detail on domicile states and mail service ins and outs.