Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
My company is relocating to Texas over the next year or two, the "OctoberBeast" car show has a 24 year history, this is the last one in Torrance.
Several cool rigs showed up, I dragged mine out for the last show and put it into "Overland Mode".

IMG_0614.JPG
Here's the 'rear-view', I was the only one that had a 'theme' going. Got a little interest from some who knew what it was about. Gave away a couple of "OB" stickers.

IMG_0621.JPG
I've been 'wheelin with this guy, extremely well-built rig. FJ40 with a V8 and lots of goodies.

IMG_0619.JPG
Resto just finished on this one. I asked him if he is going to take it out, he said he wasn't into that. What a shame. Beautifully done though.

IMG_0629.JPG
This one is clean and original. Didn't get to talk to the owner, but this is beautiful.

IMG_0628.JPG
This is what mine used to look like... 15 years ago! Nice, original '80. 1997 Collectors Edition.

IMG_0627.JPG
Nicely built, well-used FJCruiser. Looks like he spends a lot of time in the San Bernardino mountains as a volunteer.

IMG_0623.JPG
Now this is nice. I see this one around a lot, he must daily drive it. Pretty rare 4-door apparently. I don't know much about these, just that it's super cool.

IMG_0625.JPG
A 'Westy', 2WD, apparently some special kitchen accouterments

IMG_0622.JPG Clean 1st gen 4Runner. 22RE. I still want one of these.

IMG_0634.JPG
Another 1st Gen.

Well, I guess that's all the files I can upload. Good show, really warm day.

Dan.

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
My company is relocating to Texas over the next year or two, the "OctoberBeast" car show has a 24 year history, this is the last one in Torrance.
Several cool rigs showed up, I dragged mine out for the last show and put it into "Overland Mode".

View attachment 9005
Here's the 'rear-view', I was the only one that had a 'theme' going. Got a little interest from some who knew what it was about. Gave away a couple of "OB" stickers.

View attachment 9006
I've been 'wheelin with this guy, extremely well-built rig. FJ40 with a V8 and lots of goodies.

View attachment 9007
Resto just finished on this one. I asked him if he is going to take it out, he said he wasn't into that. What a shame. Beautifully done though.

View attachment 9008
This one is clean and original. Didn't get to talk to the owner, but this is beautiful.

View attachment 9009
This is what mine used to look like... 15 years ago! Nice, original '80. 1997 Collectors Edition.

View attachment 9010
Nicely built, well-used FJCruiser. Looks like he spends a lot of time in the San Bernardino mountains as a volunteer.

View attachment 9011
Now this is nice. I see this one around a lot, he must daily drive it. Pretty rare 4-door apparently. I don't know much about these, just that it's super cool.

View attachment 9012
A 'Westy', 2WD, apparently some special kitchen accouterments

View attachment 9013 Clean 1st gen 4Runner. 22RE. I still want one of these.

View attachment 9014
Another 1st Gen.

Well, I guess that's all the files I can upload. Good show, really warm day.

Dan.
Tough to compete with your rig, when I comes to being Overland Ready!

Last edited:
Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
IMHO, we (OB) should host regional "Overland Car Shows". They would serve double duty as Meet-ups, and promote Overlanding. Invite (Posters/Flyers/Non-OB Forum Posts/etc.) members & non-members to exhibit their rigs free, and open it up to vendors as well (to cover the costs involved).

Thoughts?

Explore Maine

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hartland Maine
Member #

cool set up! thanks for sharing. I think entering your rig into a car show is an awesome way to get out there and talk with people about overlanding. I entered my little rig into a car show last month and it was a great way to talk with people.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

So many cool rigs!

That 4 door VW is my favorite one.