Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

On my last trip, my X-Bull winch got quite a workout and the special bolt that goes in the engage/disengage lever vibrated loose and fell out somewhere. It is a special bolt that I think looks like a small screw with a smaller stud on the end. It goes where the long screw is in the attached pic.
Anyone know where to get one of these?

I have been trying to get ahold of X-Bull for 2 weeks now with no luck. They are an Australian company so I’m thinking they may be under the Aussie tyrannical covid lock down.
D60632E0-BCB5-4C3C-AD98-E6363DF53246.jpeg

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

There are alot of winches that use the same style engagement lever, I have a costway 15000lb and a no name 2500lb that use the same lever then my 10000lb Ramsey automatically engages so its different.
Most of these off brand winches are direct copies of warns older winches and most parts will interchange.

I'd just cut that bolt you've got in there down and use it or better yet drill straight through and use a cotter pin or a machine screw and lock nut.

Reactions: Offroadnutz

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
If it was me I would go to the local hardware store and they will let you test different bolts, in this case a hex head/socket screw probably metric. Use loctite.
Just my opinion nothing else.