Launch Member

Contributor III

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Panka
Member #

I'm at the point in my overland build that I'm looking at a roof rack. I'm currently looking at the Front Runner Slimline 2 and the Rhino Rack Pioneer. I have height restrictions in my garage so if you could include measurements from the top of the Jeep that would be appreciated.

Attachments

Reactions: RoarinRow

LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
I helped my sister sift through every roof rack/basket system on the market for her JKU. The best and most low profile we found was the GOBI. We ordered it a few months ago. Right now there is a 12-16 week lead time.

If you go on their website, they have dimensional information that can answer your sizing questions. I recently saw a JKU with one while on a trip to Morro Bay. It's a long wait, but they look every bit worth the money.

Reactions: WiscoOverland

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

I have a Pioneer Rack on my JLUR. The height from the top of the roof (at the side of the Jeep) to the top of the rack is 3.75”. I have the low-profile legs. I also have the perimeter rails as well which are 2.5” tall and raise the total rack height to 6.25” above the roof height measured from the side of the roof.

Reactions: WiscoOverland

WiscoOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Panka
Member #

Thanks for the responses I look at both the Gobi and Garvin racks and according to the websites for both they are just a few inches to tall for my situation. I'm still considering the Pioneer rack and the Front Runner. Both of which are low enough for my garage.