Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
Looking for recommendations for making the stock Rubicon seats more comfortable.. anyone have any recommendations on what they used to take comfort to the next level?

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Not a seat cover but I found that a set of these seat jackers to elevate the front of my seat made things much more comfortable for me on longer drives. The stock JL seats really have no support for your upper legs and it always felt to me like sitting on a chair tilted forward.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
What exactly do you find to be the issue? It's such a personal thing...........I find my JK seats to be very comfortable. How tall are you, the seat jackers may be the ticket.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
In the seat area? In the back, lower back? Both? I am not fully aware of a seat cover that does all that.....perhaps a chat with a good local upholstery shop? Or take a look at PRP seats, they have some good looking options that aren't crazy expensive.PRP

Reactions: Superfishal

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

I bought a memory foam lumbar cushion which helps on long drives. It has an elastic strap that keeps it in place. They also make bottom cushions. Check Amazon for “auto seat cushions” - tons of options. Keep in mind that memory foam hardens in cold weather; a few minutes of body or heater warmth and it will soften.

Reactions: Superfishal

Noeltfg

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Seattle
First Name
Laurie
Last Name
Andersen
To make your stock Jeep Wrangler Rubicon seats more comfortable, consider adding gel or memory foam seat cushions, neoprene or neosupreme seat covers, and lumbar support cushions. Adjust the seat, steering wheel, and pedal positions for the best driving posture. Install noise-reduction materials to minimize road noise and vibrations. Upgrade the suspension system for a smoother ride.

Last edited: