Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
OK so heres the deal, both of my rigs have rear window wipers that have less than ideal performance. It appears that the blade itself does not follow the contour of the window. Wiper blades are new and the springs that hold the wipers down have geed tension. Im thinking its just because of cheaper wiper blades. Im just wondering what brands people use and if they have experienced something similar. Thanks!
And to add, in case anyone has heard of this issue in regards to any specific vehicle mine are a 2005 Ford Escape and a 2011 GMC Terrain.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I never spend big bucks on wipers but in 40 years, I've never had an issue beyond a worn blade. I've had the "not enough pressure" but it only took a mild bend of the wiper arm to resolve the issue.

Reactions: AZ Trooper

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I’ve had good use out of the flexible rain/snow type. The ones without the reinforced frames.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I never spend big bucks on wipers but in 40 years, I've never had an issue beyond a worn blade. I've had the "not enough pressure" but it only took a mild bend of the wiper arm to resolve the issue.
Thats a bit of a "no duh" fix, lol. Ill try that.
I’ve had good use out of the flexible rain/snow type. The ones without the reinforced frames.
Problem is the rear blade on the Escape is a 10" and the smallest beam style like what you describe I can find is 14" wich is just a bit too long to work. The GMC the way the wiper arm is I havent been able to find a beam type that will work. Running beams was the first thing I thought of.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Thats a bit of a "no duh" fix, lol. Ill try that.

Problem is the rear blade on the Escape is a 10" and the smallest beam style like what you describe I can find is 14" wich is just a bit too long to work. The GMC the way the wiper arm is I havent been able to find a beam type that will work. Running beams was the first thing I thought of.
Ah ok copy that. Not sure what you can do in that situation short of replacing unit.