Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I don't know what came over me. Is that a good way to start a build thread? :sweatsmile:

I really don't stick with my builds too long and the bug finally bit me. About a month ago I was searching for the new Ranger Raptor but ended up falling for a 2024 GMC Canyon. As far as building rigs goes, I typically prefer the base model. While I love the look and perks that come with a Rubicon for example, my Gladiator was a Sport that could (and did!) throw down with the big dogs any day.

The 2020 Jeep Gladiator: my most recent build sponsored by Real Truck (and some other brands).

2023.jpg
20230827_173144 (1).jpg

And my new 2024 GMC Canyon: Currently partnered with Method Race Wheels!

Not these wheels though, this is shortly after I brought it home.
Stock Angle 2.jpg

I really fell in love with the look of this new 3rd gen. truck, and the accessories/features are admittedly way nicer than my previous Jeeps. I will miss being able to stuff 37"s on, but this new build won't be needing to crawl anything (I hope!). Which brings me to my next new challenge, I went with the 2WD Elevation trim w/rear locker. As I built the Gladiator, my motivation shifted away from having a rig for tough trails and crawling and into a tool - which is why I joined Overland Bound. But it was bittersweet, because I had done so much to the Gladiator it was almost counterproductive to have so much armor weighing me down. So instead of swapping bumpers etc. back to stock I decided to start fresh altogether. I don't foresee the 2WD becoming an issue as my intent is to use this truck as my "get there" rig and purchase a nice used dual-sport as my adventure toy. But we'll see what actually happens...

I've been making quick work as the season has already started and warm weather is no longer a distant future! In the first few weeks I added a few simple accessories,
- Graphics, sponsored by DO Designs right here in NJ
- Some beautiful floor mats and seat covers, sponsored respectively by TuxMat and Seat Cover Solutions
- Redline Tuning hood struts
- AVS window visors
- Tinted the rear half 20% on top of the factory smoked glass

20240513_081540.jpg
20240503_153953.jpg
20240502_180204.jpg

And OH MY, look at the box the TuxMat comes in - I love companies that go the extra mile in little ways like this:
20240502_172047.jpg
20240502_172334.jpg

On order I have a Victory 4x4 molle panel for the front end of the bed and a set of Falken Rubitrek A/Ts, it was so sad ordering 32"s. :disrelieved: That's it for this post, I'll keep you all updated! I'm excited for a brand new adventure.

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Expedition Master III

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
New plates inbound!

Here's a poor quality example I got online:
license_20240515210725_21410.jpg

After a short conversation with my graphics guy, I decided to try my hand at wrapping. And what better way to practice than on a sphere? I always liked the look of true yellow fogs (not amber) so I purchased a cheap 2ft roll of wrap and hopped on Youtube. It actually didn't take too many practice tries and looks pretty dang good.

20240513_173933.jpg
20240513_194025.jpg

Next up, you can actually see it hiding at the bottom of my grille in the photo above, I started the install of my new LED lightbar sponsored by M&R Automotive. This is their single 40" Pro Series bar with white light and amber DRL. I haven't wired it yet, but this thing is nice! I had a small 13" lightbar behind my Jeep grille and it was one of my favorite additions, so when I found out it was available for the Canyon I just had to have one. And whew, how I miss removing just a couple pins to access the grille on the Jeep. :rage:

20240513_163319.jpg
20240513_161954.jpg

I'm still waiting on my tires, but here are my brand new Method Race Wheels "305"!

20240515_150540.jpg

Ethan N

Expedition Master III

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
My tires have arrived! So today we did a little test fitting and came up with an unexpected fitment. These Method 17x8.5 fit the calipers with only a sliver of room in the front, we couldn't even slip a card between them (but they do spin freely). To be extra safe we are adding a 1/4" spacer all around. I didn't order the beefiest of tires so I'm hoping to still keep it flush with the fenders. We'll find out on Saturday. :sunglasses:

20240516_152341.jpg
20240516_152355.jpg

And of course the shopping spree continues! I installed my Banks PedalMonster, this is my second vehicle with a turbo 4-cyl. so I was well aware of the pedal lag and other minor issues. I was interested to give the PedalMonster a try and I'm glad I did, it gives me just the right amount of oomph without training a heavier foot. Very happy! Lastly for today, I have a BedRug sitting in the garage. I'm waiting for better weather and a car wash before installing the velcro strips. It also has me thinking about general bed and gear protection. I had a Softopper on the JT that I really loved, maybe I'll grab another?

20240516_161121.jpg

Ethan N

Expedition Master III

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Finally got out and tackled most of the bed. I did decide to go with a Softopper again, it was such a nice convenience to have on the Jeep and I love the sporty vibe of a soft top. The only thing I haven't finished up was the center brake light, I ran all the wires through and into the driver side brake light but didn't realize the Canyon uses the same bulb for brake / turn. I'll have to run power from the front somewhere, it doesn't look like I have the extra CHMSL wire behind my bumper that GM full-size trucks have. And I'm not really interested in buying harnesses and splitters, I'll probably just tap into an extra fuse or the brake signal line in the dash.

Besides that mess, I put my Bed Rug in. I finally got my Victory 4X4 front side molle panel in, and I used some GM reward points to grab a pack of their tie down rings. The bed already has an outlet so the only thing I really have left to do is grab a mount to secure my Power Tank to the panel and I'm ready to roll.

Oh I almost forgot the best part, stickers!

20240605_200807.jpg
20240605_200941.jpg
20240603_103033.jpg

MyrnaJones

Rank I

Contributor III

Salt lake city
First Name
Myrna
Last Name
Jones
I don't know what came over me. Is that a good way to start a build thread? :sweatsmile:

I really don't stick with my builds too long and the bug finally bit me. About a month ago I was searching for the new Ranger Raptor but ended up falling for a 2024 GMC Canyon. As far as building rigs goes, I typically prefer the base model. While I love the look and perks that come with a Rubicon for example, my Gladiator was a Sport that could (and did!) throw down with the big dogs any day.

The 2020 Jeep Gladiator: my most recent build sponsored by Real Truck (and some other brands).

View attachment 278889
View attachment 278891

And my new 2024 GMC Canyon: Currently partnered with Method Race Wheels!

Not these wheels though, this is shortly after I brought it home.
View attachment 278903

I really fell in love with the look of this new 3rd gen. truck, and the accessories/features are admittedly way nicer than my previous Jeeps. I will miss being able to stuff 37"s on, but this new build won't be needing to crawl anything (I hope!). Which brings me to my next new challenge, I went with the 2WD Elevation trim w/rear locker. As I built the Gladiator, my motivation shifted away from having a rig for tough trails and crawling and into a tool - which is why I joined Overland Bound. But it was bittersweet, because I had done so much to the Gladiator it was almost counterproductive to have so much armor weighing me down. So instead of swapping bumpers etc. back to stock I decided to start fresh altogether. I don't foresee the 2WD becoming an issue as my intent is to use this truck as my "get there" rig and purchase a nice used dual-sport as my adventure toy. But we'll see what actually happens...

I've been making quick work as the season has already started and warm weather is no longer a distant future! In the first few weeks I added a few simple accessories,
- Graphics, sponsored by DO Designs right here in NJ
- Some beautiful floor mats and seat covers, sponsored respectively by TuxMat and Seat Cover Solutions
- Redline Tuning hood struts
- AVS window visors
- Tinted the rear half 20% on top of the factory smoked glass

View attachment 278904
View attachment 278905
View attachment 278906

And OH MY, look at the box the TuxMat comes in - I love companies that go the extra mile in little ways like this:
View attachment 278907
View attachment 278908

On order I have a Victory 4x4 molle panel for the front end of the bed and a set of Falken Rubitrek A/Ts, it was so sad ordering 32"s. :disrelieved: That's it for this post, I'll keep you all updated! I'm excited for a brand new adventure.
Wow, I love it <3

Reactions: Ethan N

Ethan N

Expedition Master III

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I finally got out and wired up some aux switches. In the process I also breached the firewall grommets on both the driver and passenger side. You can make a fantastic conduit out of a $3 5/8" heater hose connector from the auto parts store!

I also noticed a strange phenomenon due to fuse tapping into one of my switched acc fuses. The key must remain inside the truck for the light bar to stay activated. I assume that's because the switch panel itself is powered by the fuse, the bar is coming off the battery and into the included relay box. I guess it's not the worst issue to have, but odd nonetheless.

N1.jpg
N2.jpg

Last edited: