SOLD Wilco Hitchgate Offset Spare Tire Swing Out $750. Laguna Hills, Ca

• HTML tutorial

pheonix75

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Laguna Hills, CA, USA
Member #

Here is my Wilco Hitchgate Offset. It has been awesome for carrying all my goodies. It will come with the accessory mount. Im keeping the Fuelpax and mounts, and the hijack. Its ready for you to mount whichever accessories you want. I have pics, you can see it has the powdercoating coming off where the pin rubs and some surface rust...nothing that impacts the structure. A wire wheel and some spray paint and you can have it show quality. (This is an issue with all of them)

I really love this thing but it is not working with mounting my bicycles. It would work fine with just one, but the wife rides two. Putting them on the rack keeps scratching up the paint on the bikes....and I cant have that!

The price is firm, It retails for $1180(plus tax) the accessory mount is $125. Hitchgate™ Offset
20200916_073118.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Terran Mace

Rank III
Launch Member

Explorer I

Sedalia Mo
First Name
Terran
Last Name
Mace
Member #

I have 1 of these on my ranger. I'd love to buy just the fuel mount portion and pax if possible. Either way i recommend this to anyone. That price is a steal especially with the fuel mout accessories.

pheonix75

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Laguna Hills, CA, USA
Member #

I have 1 of these on my ranger. I'd love to buy just the fuel mount portion and pax if possible. Either way i recommend this to anyone. That price is a steal especially with the fuel mout accessories.
Yeah it is great, if not for my owning and needing to transport too many bicycles....Im holding on to the pax...they will go on the new one. But thanks for offering!

wardj69

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Fayetteville, NC, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Ward
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GRMS - WROW248
Service Branch
US Army
I too am considering purchasing one of these WILCO. Have you noticed any wobbling with the 2" hitch fitting. My understanding is they have an internal screw that removes 99% of the hitch / tailgate wobbling. Do you find this so?

pheonix75

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Laguna Hills, CA, USA
Member #

I too am considering purchasing one of these WILCO. Have you noticed any wobbling with the 2" hitch fitting. My understanding is they have an internal screw that removes 99% of the hitch / tailgate wobbling. Do you find this so?
I really like it because it doesn't wobble. Once you crank down on the internal bolt...it is really solid. If I didnt have the bicycle mounting issues, I would definitely keep it.

Augydogy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Corona, California, USA
First Name
Pedro
Last Name
Pena
Member #

"The price is firm, It retails for $1180(plus tax) the accessory mount is $125 ..."
That is the retail price, correct? How much are you asking for it?

I have one, no wobble. I also had the bike mount issue...I've been thinking about how to get around it while keeping the hitchgate. Oddly enough I could buy a roof rack mount for the jerry cans, and put the spare back under the 4runner with the tire deflated (I have air), but the thing that keeps this around for me is my wife loves having the trasheroo to keep the trash out of the cab. It's always something and never perfect.

Reactions: pheonix75

John Herold

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boston, MA
First Name
John
Last Name
Herold
Member #

Whats the shipping on something like this...sure it cant be cheap...All the way across country....NC
I have one that I’m going to be selling soon and live in Boston. If you’re interested, only difference is that it’s a left swing so that the ladder can still be utilized when closed. I’m going to a full bumper replacement.

Attachments