First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
This is my story, let's hear yours!

Yesterday, while driving back from the British Columbia Overland Rally, my Jeep died. I had it towed to a Jeep dealership in Tacoma, WA.

I wrote a post about it, and commented that I thought it might be the ECM, and because that part has been discontinued, I was probably screwed.

@Mirek saw my post, and told Mason (@mmnorthdirections) about my situation. Mason got online and found a source for remanufactured ECM's in Tacoma.

At 2:30 PM the mechanic confirmed that I had a bad ECM, but that the dealership had no source for the part. I called the source Mason had found, and they delivered it to the dealership within the hour.

Thank you Mason! Thank you Mirek! Thanks to Overland Bound for being an awesome community!!!

Last edited:

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

This is my story, let's hear yours!

Yesterday, while driving back from the British Columbia Overland Rally, my Jeep died. I had it towed to a Jeep dealership in Tacoma, WA.

I wrote a post about it, and commented that I thought it might be the ECM, and because that part has been discontinued, I was probably screwed.

@Mirek saw my post, and told Mason (@mmnorthdirections) about my situation. Mason got online and found a source for remanufactured ECM's in Tacoma.

At 2:30 PM the mechanic confirmed that I had a bad ECM, but that the dealership had no source for the part. I called the source Mason had found, and they delivered it to the dealership within the hour.

Thank you Mason! Thank you Mirek! Thanks to Overland Bound for being an awesome community!!!

That is great to hear !!.....one of the many things i love about this community, the people I have met both on-line and in person continues to blow my mind !
Glad it eneded well

Luis

cheers from ....Brisbane, Australia

Reactions: Kelly