Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

So we're soon to be owners of a New Defender. Are we gonna get shunned for having bought one? I haven't really seen many good things said about it in these forums lol. We went to the dealer looking for a Velar but ended up falling in love with the look and the way the New Defender drives. What sucks is that we probably won't see it until like Dec-Feb.
put'er on 35's and cruise past the haters :tongueclosed: :tongueclosed: :tongueclosed:

Zharick

Rank I

Member I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Captain
Last Name
Placeholder
Member #

Hey guys here’s my ‘04 Disco

It’s a dedicated travel rig and it’s been an absolute gem.

Also, the green ones are the fastest ;)
Oh that's a beaut, I've been trying to find an older one like this around my area so I can build up as a project for my step-son so he and his GF can go overland with us. I love that green color and wish it was an option on the new one.

Reactions: kevinh26

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

So we're soon to be owners of a New Defender. Are we gonna get shunned for having bought one? I haven't really seen many good things said about it in these forums lol. We went to the dealer looking for a Velar but ended up falling in love with the look and the way the New Defender drives. What sucks is that we probably won't see it until like Dec-Feb.

Here's a picture of one I managed to see close up. I've seen loads of other at a distance. I'd love yo give one a try and if I had the money I'd like to get one too...

20200915_203512.jpg

Reactions: Zharick and EXPO_D1

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

Here's a picture of one I managed to see close up. I've seen loads of other at a distance. I'd love yo give one a try and if I had the money I'd like to get one too...

View attachment 170695
I can't justify the price but if that wasn't an issue I'd drive a Def2

Reactions: Zharick

rgallant

Rank III

Advocate I

British Columbia
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
@Zharick after market with a wheel spacer, he is waiting on better rims so he can ditch the spacers

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
It’s underneath :/ unless you get a spare wheel carrier on a steel bumper!
I dont like either option. I dont know what else could be done about it though. Is the rear door a lift type or a swing away like my D2.

WoodcockFamilyOverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Shropshire, UK
First Name
Daryll
Last Name
Woodcock
Member #

I
I dont like either option. I dont know what else could be done about it though. Is the rear door a lift type or a swing away like my D2.
It’s a split tail gate, I’d have the RTT up on the roof rack so no room up there either! And the only want I managed to fit the spare under there was totally deflated.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I

It’s a split tail gate, I’d have the RTT up on the roof rack so no room up there either! And the only want I managed to fit the spare under there was totally deflated.
OMG what good is a deflated tire. Oops I forgot you probably have a compressor for air but does the average guy on the street have one.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I

Split vertically or horizontally like a pick up trucks lower half.