• HTML tutorial

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Ok, back to bacon.

Two BBQs ago, a buddy of mine baked a pan of Jalapeno peppers that had been sliced open, insides scooped out and replaced by Philadelphia Cheese. Then, wrapped in bacon to hold it together.

YUM!! I ate nearly all of them.

Then, next morning, I diced up the left overs really small and had them mixed into scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Double YUM!

That's my bacon story. What's yours?

-jim lee

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

Ok, back to bacon.

Two BBQs ago, a buddy of mine baked a pan of Jalapeno peppers that had been sliced open, insides scooped out and replaced by Philadelphia Cheese. Then, wrapped in bacon to hold it together.

Then, next morning, I diced up the left overs really small and had them mixed into scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Double YUM!

-jim lee
I don’t have a cool bacon story, not one i can think of right now but that really sounds amazing

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Ok, back to bacon.

Double YUM!

-jim lee
You can get these at Safeway in the produce cooler section already made for $5. Bacon bits instead of wrapped. Amazing and delicious.

Reactions: RainGoat

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

made some pulled pork tacos by making a extra large bacon weave with the fattest bacon I could find , wrapping up the pork butt , smoking it for 5 hours ( till it hit 160) then wrapped it up in aluminum foil pouring 2 cups of apple cider vinegar and sealing it up tight and smoking it on medium heat for another 3 hours .

bacon on it's own cooked on a treager is absolutely amazing

This is not healthy but line a cooking pan with aluminum foil, lay bacon strips out and sprinkle with brown sugar and cook to your desired texture in the oven .

Reactions: 64Trvlr and Chadlyb

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
Ok, back to bacon.

Double YUM!

-jim lee
Try using shrimp instead of the cream cheese...

Reactions: Road

Pyrotech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin Texas
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hanson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB9ZKI
One of my hobbies is that I Really like to cook, that has led to me curing my own Bacon. I usually smoke with Hickory or Maple after the cure process.

Bacon_whole.jpg

After smoking and all sliced up

Bacon_Sliced.jpg

Which can be used for the above mention Bacon wrapped Shrimp poppers, or Bacon wrapped Onion Rings.... prepare to drool...

Bacon_rings.jpg

billum v2.0

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flyover Country
Member #

This thread would be a whole lot shorter if the title was "Who Doesn't Like Bacon"!

For you SPAM connoisseurs, here's your next destination:

https://www.spam.com/museum

Yep, short for SPiced hAM. Fed gobs during WWII. Kinda like Twinkies, tasty AND a shelf life measured in decades.

Last edited:

Wag

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Durango
Member #

Cook pound and a half of bacon then chop up. layer chopped up jalapenos, tater tots, bacon, shredded cheese, and cream cheese. Then bake.