Who is a Vet, Active or First Responder?

• HTML tutorial

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Thanks to everyone who served or is serving.

15 years USAF. Combat Comm & EOD. Operations: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Provide Comfort, Joint Endeavor, Uphold Democracy (Haiti), Summer Games (Bahrain), & and a couple that shall not be named.
Currently, outside of my actual job as a federal employee, I do Austin Diaster Relief Network (ADRN) CERT & am FEMA CERT certified.
Curious, Where we’re you at during Uphold Democracy in Haiti? I led patrols every night in Petionville. Doing drug and weapons interdiction. 8 1/2 month of fun and games with the 25th Inf Div.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

15 years USAF. Combat Comm & EOD. Operations: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Provide Comfort, Joint Endeavor, Uphold Democracy (Haiti), Summer Games (Bahrain), & and a couple that shall not be named.
Currently, outside of my actual job as a federal employee, I do Austin Diaster Relief Network (ADRN) CERT & am FEMA CERT certified.
Curious, Where we’re you at during Uphold Democracy in Haiti? I led patrols every night in Petionville. Doing drug and weapons interdiction. 8 1/2 month of fun and games with the 25th Inf Div.
I was in Port-au-Prince with the 101st Airborne as NCOIC of the Comm Center. Also did patrols of the city, as did everyone else there. And yes, it was a blast.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

I was in Port-au-Prince with the 101st Airborne as NCOIC of the Comm Center. Also did patrols of the city, as did everyone else there. And yes, it was a blast.
Our home base was at the Port Au Prince airport. I was the Platoon Sergeant for the ADA unit that was in the tent next door to the Comm Tent. Small world.

HikinNHammin

Rank III

Contributor III

Decatur, AL
First Name
Lou
Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4HNH
Service Branch
USN & ARNG
6 years Navy (EW: USS John A. Moore FFG-19), 10 years ARNG (MI, Infantry, and EW: 250th MI BN (TE) - California and 278th ACR - Tennessee) with an OIF X deployment as the EW NCO for PSD in Baghdad. Came back and got a job as a contractor, became a DAC, and now back to contractor.

Semper Adventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Service Branch
USAM
Just getting back into the forums after a few busy years overseas...

Active Duty Marine coming up on 25 years, and retiring shortly after the New Year. Been an Artilleryman my whole career which probably explains why I stuck around so long. Its wild to use math and explosives, to hurl explosives downrange...so they can explode somewhere else.

Call_me_Tom

Rank III

Enthusiast II

San Joaquin County, California, United States
First Name
Tom
Last Name
K9er
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Ret

Active Duty Marine coming up on 25 years, and retiring shortly after the New Year. Been an Artilleryman my whole career which probably explains why I stuck around so long. Its wild to use math and explosives, to hurl explosives downrange...so they can explode somewhere else.
Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. I did 20 and dropped papers. If you’re thinking of a second retirement with a federal agency and have questions shoot me a DM.

Radman73

Rank I

Contributor III

Florida
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rader
Service Branch
Navy DAV

The joy of making a grid square disappear.

DBAR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lebanon, PA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Dunbar
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
U.S. Marine Infantry Mortarman 0341 2012-2016. I was in Iraq and Syria in 2014 when ISIS decided they wanted to rear their heads. Also been to 22 other countries during my time in service. It was a great blessing.

KyleGrant

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wichita, KS
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Soldani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KSØTOR
Howdy! Public-safety background, I've dabbled in a few of the flavors; dispatch (current part-time), LEO (prior reserve, current arson investigator), current full-time firefighter/EMT for six years - 13 overall in volunteer/part-time roles.

Glad I found this section of the forum, not sure how I didn't before... Cheers to all of you who take the fight abroad! A tip of the helmet to you all.

Last edited:

Ellingsworth-01

Rank III

Pathfinder III

DuPont, Washington, United States
First Name
Tristan
Last Name
Ellingsworth
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KJ7WUN -/- GRMS - WRXK288
Service Branch
Army
12 years Active Army, just crossed over from Enlisted scout NCO to Infantry Officer, aiming at 20+ years. I’ve been watching the OB community from a distance for about five or six years now, and finally ponied up to become a member.

Actus542

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA
First Name
Bobby
Last Name
Adams
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4RTA
Did the shortest stent in the Air Force ever. I was halfway through basic training when I had issues with allergies and they sent me for an asthma test. Since I'd been a smoker until I shipped I failed. Being in the late 90's no amount of fighting would they let me stay. But I've been involved in fire/rescue for the last 16 years. Worked for 11 years as a full time medic in an urban/rural EMS system. Just left that last year to work in IT but still do it as a volunteer.

Mau_Rios

Rank II
Founder 500
Investor

Contributor III

Socal
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Lino
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I am an Army Vet 13S (Iraqi Freedon I) part of the Big Red One family. I also worked for the Bureau of Prisons for a little while and now have 15 years working for DHS as a Border Patrol Agent

Attachments

Last edited: