Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
You're going to love it. What dates do you have reserved for white rim?

daklakfoto

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange County
First Name
Huy
Last Name
Tran
Member #

11/03-05. the camping reservation was gone so quickly ;) so my two camp sites are 70 miles apart.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
11/03-05. the camping reservation was gone so quickly ;) so my two camp sites are 70 miles apart.
Yes, I know what you mean. I ran it March 21.

Which campsites did you get?

Do you have others going? I know you're allowed three vehicles per camp site.

daklakfoto

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange County
First Name
Huy
Last Name
Tran
Member #

Yes, I know what you mean. I ran it March 21.

Which campsites did you get?

Do you have others going? I know you're allowed three vehicles per camp site.
I got Airport and Labrynth. One person dropped out and I don't wanna waste a spot. This is hard to come by. I understand it is last minute. ;)

daklakfoto

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange County
First Name
Huy
Last Name
Tran
Member #

Yes. definitely love to have another person to join us on trip.
So you presently have yourself and one more vehicle?

I may be interested.
yup. let us know if you can make it. After white rim, we may just tracing OB recent trip to Utah. Truly, we are overlander so really enjoy the companies and just chill

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

daklakfoto

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange County
First Name
Huy
Last Name
Tran
Member #

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Did you do it after the flash flood? any damaged at Hardscrable hill before exit at Mineral rd?
We did it Saturday the 1st of this month. I hadn't been there before, so I can't say if Hardscrable was 'damaged' just that it was in fine shape overall and no problem in 2wd.

-TJ

daklakfoto

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange County
First Name
Huy
Last Name
Tran
Member #

We did it Saturday the 1st of this month. I hadn't been there before, so I can't say if Hardscrable was 'damaged' just that it was in fine shape overall and no problem in 2wd.

-TJ
You mentioned you did in reverse? I started from Island in the sky and will exit at Mineral Rd. Is that the same route as yours?

Based on what I have been watching, my route would be an uphill for Hardscrable. :) aka FUN.

It seems the trail is not damaged if you did it early Oct.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

You mentioned you did in reverse? I started from Island in the sky and will exit at Mineral Rd. Is that the same route as yours?

Based on what I have been watching, my route would be an uphill for Hardscrable. :) aka FUN.
We entered via Mineral Bottom, went "backwards" starting by driving to the Labyrinth A/B campgrounds for Fri night. Then Sat we ran it all the way around counter-clockwise Including going down Hardscarbble and exited out the Schafer Switchbacks. I wouldn't be at all worried about going up Hardscrabble either though.

-TJ

Reactions: daklakfoto

daklakfoto

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Orange County
First Name
Huy
Last Name
Tran
Member #

We entered via Mineral Bottom, went "backwards" starting by driving to the Labyrinth A/B campgrounds for Fri night. Then Sat we ran it all the way around counter-clockwise Including going down Hardscarbble and exited out the Schafer Switchbacks. I wouldn't be at all worried about going up Hardscrabble either though.

-TJ
Awesome.. I definitely do reverse of your route. stay at airport then a long 70 miles to get to Labrynth. Can't wait. This is my dream trip ever since I dabbled into overland.