Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I currently have a Viair tire deflator gauge. This has not particularly proven itself. Especially when you change the air pressure more often during the day, the part is too fiddly for me and it takes too long.

Yes, some will now say that you have time on the road. But if you stand there at 45 degrees Celsius or 110F in the hot sand, I'm not so eager to have to do that longer than necessary. Better enjoy the scenic drive. In addition, the air hose is very short and to control the pressure I have to interrupt the deflation from time to time. Not very practical I think.

I have already looked at the ARB deflator, digital and analog. Looks already quite good. But which tyre deflator gauges do you have in use, can say something about it and share experiences? Which work well even with frequent pressure changes. What are the advantages and disadvantages? Or are there even better solutions?

Thank you,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I use Indeflate. It's accurate and you can inflate / deflate 2/4 tyres simultaneously Welcome
The ARB ones are good (albeit expensive) as well
Hi Christoff, Great to hear from you. Thanks for the link. Will look into that one.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Last edited:

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I have the analog ARB E-Z deflator kit.
- It works quite well for dropping air pressure to a desired point.​
- It is worthless when airing back up since it must be threaded onto the valve stem to read pressure.​

I keep a cheap analog parts store gauge in the vehicle so I am able to easily set my air pressure when airing up. It's disappointing the ARB E-Z deflator isn't more multipurpose given it's size and price.

Reactions: El-Dracho

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

I have a homemade kit consisting of an air chuck on a snubber hose, a regulator and standard quick connect fitting. When airing down I occasionally press my finger on the male quick connect to read pressure. Speed doesn’t matter to me but it is faster than the little brass adjustable blow offs. When it is time to air up, connect to air compressor, set the regulator to desired pressure, sit in heated/cooled vehicle until compressor turns off and it is time to move to the next tire.

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

I use a Currie enterprises digital deflator in my trail rig. It threads on to the valve and then you thread the core out and pull the collar back on the deflate and it deflates the tires quickly. Usually only takes me about 5 minuets or so to deflate all 4 37" tires from 30psi to 6psi. As for airing mack up I have a multi tire system that never really gets used but also keep a 10lb co2 tank that fills the tires back up quickly afterwards and I just run a ARB analog gauge when filling with that.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I can second the positive experience with the indeflate device, I use it since it came out and always happy since then.
Only downside is the 10Bar gauge which is not very useful for me, I'd prefer something like 4 Bar or so

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thanks to all for the good advices so far. A great community and it's awesome how experiences are shared. Thank you.

The Indeflate looks like exactly what I need. Thanks @Get Out GO for the link to the Europe distributor. Unfortunately it is currently out of stock there but I have already contacted them. And thanks to @MazeVX for the tip to order directly from the manufacturer. I'll wait for the response from drifta.eu and if nothing happens or it´s not availlable soon I'll look for an order in South Africa.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Reactions: MazeVX

Vincent Keith

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kg7cli
My research has led me to Morrflate and a few others but I think I'll try the Morrflate- easy 4 tire up and down. Very fast, particularly if you're shooting for the same pressure on all four - • MORRFlate by My Off Road Radio I'm not sure if they distribute in Europe.

MooreAdventures

Rank VII

Inventor III

Bono, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WSAB981
Service Branch
Army
I currently have a Viair tire deflator gauge. This has not particularly proven itself. Especially when you change the air pressure more often during the day, the part is too fiddly for me and it takes too long.

Yes, some will now say that you have time on the road. But if you stand there at 45 degrees Celsius or 110F in the hot sand, I'm not so eager to have to do that longer than necessary. Better enjoy the scenic drive. In addition, the air hose is very short and to control the pressure I have to interrupt the deflation from time to time. Not very practical I think.

I have already looked at the ARB deflator, digital and analog. Looks already quite good. But which tyre deflator gauges do you have in use, can say something about it and share experiences? Which work well even with frequent pressure changes. What are the advantages and disadvantages? Or are there even better solutions?

Thank you,
Bjoern
I run some adjustable tire deflators from amazon. Just set them to what psi you want to go to, screw them on valve stems and only takes a few minutes. Then I use a faster flate inflation hose system with my compressor to air back up when ready

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Thank you,
Bjoern
I run some adjustable tire deflators from amazon. Just set them to what psi you want to go to, screw them on valve stems and only takes a few minutes. Then I use a faster flate inflation hose system with my compressor to air back up when ready
Thank you. I am running the Indeflate now. It is from outstanding quality, precise, easy to handle. And you can inflate/ deflate 2 (or even 4) tires simultaneously.

MooreAdventures

Rank VII

Inventor III

Bono, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WSAB981
Service Branch
Army

Thank you,
Bjoern
Thank you. I am running the Indeflate now. It is from outstanding quality, precise, easy to handle. And you can inflate/ deflate 2 (or even 4) tires simultaneously.
Oh nice! I’ve seen those and wondered good they were.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
The
Oh nice! I’ve seen those and wondered good they were.
They are great, I have one for years bought it right after Ronny Dahl reviewed it. Only downside is the pressure range of the gauge for me.
The Indeflate is available with a digital display now and comes with the option of setting numerous units for the pressure.

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Expedition Master III

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Man, I've had a set of those little brass screw-on deflators for years and while it's a cheap, no-bragging-rights, deflator, I've never thought of replacing them. They're so simple and you only need to set them once for a lifetime of use. I have mine set to about 15, my version doesn't have the numbers on it to show you the PSI but some trial and error got me straight enough. If I need to be lower than that I do it manually by hand once the deflator stops.

Why exactly are you changing your pressure multiple times a day? While making it more comfortable, some trails don't really need you to be aired down. In that same effect, you can also drive short distances on pavement etc. while aired down.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Man, I've had a set of those little brass screw-on deflators for years and while it's a cheap, no-bragging-rights, deflator, I've never thought of replacing them. They're so simple and you only need to set them once for a lifetime of use. I have mine set to about 15, my version doesn't have the numbers on it to show you the PSI but some trial and error got me straight enough. If I need to be lower than that I do it manually by hand once the deflator stops.

Why exactly are you changing your pressure multiple times a day? While making it more comfortable, some trails don't really need you to be aired down. In that same effect, you can also drive short distances on pavement etc. while aired down.
Changing the tire pressure several times a day is certainly not the rule when traveling, but it does happen. Depending on the region you are travelling. For example, if you are traveling in desert areas and switch between tarmac, dirt roads and sand dunes throughout the day. Always remember that a tire is much more vulnerable to damage if you ride at too low a pressure - so while you may be riding with less than 15psi/ 1 bar in the dunes, you should immediately adjust the pressure again on the next track and even more so on tarmac.

20221110_122800.jpg