Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

You bein down Texas way, I thought sure you'd want a set of 12" exhaust pipes stickin up through, with a 16" lift sittin on some 47s' Hells Bells thats what we all are runnin up here in Pensylltucky,, LOL ( don't take me seriously, couldn't help myself )
Haha nope im not compensating for nuthin, the baby duramax wont roll any coal with the def system. On a side note the other day i seen a dodge dually with a stack made from 55 gallon barrels he was rolling lots of coal. My wife thought he was just hauling some barrels til he dumped the clutch and started puffin smoke

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

I drive a 2017 Jeep JKU and I have been experiencing excessive wear on my rear tires more than my fronts. There has to be a clear reason to why this is. My guess is the axle may be canted a bit but the damn thing drives in a near perfect strait line. Any suggestions on how to self align a Wrangler?

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I would start by measuring center to center from the front wheel to the rear wheel on the same side, and compare it. Other than that check tire pressure, is the wear uniform, are the outsides or centers wearing more? When you run your hand across the tread what do you feel? Also are you a heavy on the pedal type of driver?

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I would start by measuring center to center from the front wheel to the rear wheel on the same side, and compare it
Have the thrust angle checked.
X2

The easy way is get someone to help you and measure front edge of rear rim to same in the front. Its not uncommon for the driver side to be around 1/4 inch shorter.
Tire pressure is the most most common issue.
You didn't mention if the suspension was modded. Aftermarket arms sometimes can be adjustable. The adjuster lock nuts on my long arm's vibrate loose once in a while and im too lazy to lock tite them.

is the wear uniform, are the outsides or centers wearing more
This

Chopping/sawtooth (feathering) is the tires not pointing straight forward. Wear on outside edge or inside edge (camber) means bent axle. Its not easy to bend an axle, especially the rear.

Google "Toe, Thrust line and Camber" you will see what were talking about

Scott

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I drive a 2017 Jeep JKU and I have been experiencing excessive wear on my rear tires more than my fronts. There has to be a clear reason to why this is. My guess is the axle may be canted a bit but the damn thing drives in a near perfect strait line. Any suggestions on how to self align a Wrangler?
It's a jeep thing, when I had my jeep I learned to replace all the rear suspension bushings every 60 to 75 thousand miles. . The lower fronts needed new bushings every 45,000 miles or so. --Ask me how learned this the hard way-- So, the first place I'd be checking out are your bushings.... then upgrade to better bushings or even stronger arms. One thing I've learned though is that jeeps must always be upgraded from OEM parts, such as bushings, to better aftermarket parts in order to reduce regular maintenance intervals. Toyota is the direct opposite. Use OEM parts or learn some expensive lessons. Good luck. I hope your tires can recover from the un-even wear, mine never did..

Last edited:
Reactions: smritte