Wayne
Last Name
Lofton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ki5qcx
Service Branch
First Responder
I just got a Retevis RA86 GMRS radio for my truck. I haven't got my Ham license yet. Right now I will get the GMRS installed and then I have a HAM HT which I will put a holster for it on my dash and then I might even put in my CB radio. I love having gadgets and if one fails then I have some form of backup. However, that being said, there is not a lot of users in my area that use a CB....

What radios do you have? Anyone?
I have a yeasu ft891 but thinking of getting a GMRS radio in the future

Attachments

Reactions: Scott_3ba81a

Scott_3ba81a

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Slapout, Alabama, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Pyron
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WSEY306

NICE! I love the case! Yeasu makes great radios! I also like the Icom, but those are quite a bit out of my price range (not that Yeasu is a cheap radio either), and I figure I would get the Ham license first. That being said, I did buy a Baofeng UV-5R, and I currently only use it to listen to the sheriff's department in my area. It is quite entertaining at times!

Reactions: Wayne AKA Jugbutt

Wayne AKA Jugbutt

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Jennings, Louisiana, United States
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Lofton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ki5qcx
Service Branch
First Responder

NICE! I love the case! Yeasu makes great radios! I also like the Icom, but those are quite a bit out of my price range (not that Yeasu is a cheap radio either), and I figure I would get the Ham license first. That being said, I did buy a Baofeng UV-5R, and I currently only use it to listen to the sheriff's department in my area. It is quite entertaining at times!
I also have a Baofeng uv-5r. Need to use it. I have my Technician Ticket and love it.

Reactions: Scott_3ba81a

Innkeeper 41

Rank I

Contributor I

South Central Kentucky
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Marc
Got my GMRS license earlier this year. While I was ready to get a Midland 275 or 575 GMRS radio, I went with a $25 Baofeng GM-15 Pro handheld. Took it to Colorado and Utah twice this year. Didn't have it turn on much and never really heard anyone talking. I monitored channel 16 off road. It will be a while before I spring for one of the Midland radios.

Last edited: