What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Nickel

Rank III

Pathfinder II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I'm on a roll today. Bought the Billie Bars tailgate insert for the Tacoma. Tired of the rough on the knees factory tailgate and the no where to put a drink since the factory tailgate is ridged. Billie Bars one is stupid expensive but padded and reviews are rock solid. I sleep in the bed of the truck and this should make camping more pleasurable getting in and out of the truck.

Buy once, cry once. I have a 2-3 nighter planned in early October.

1693700437181.png

Jakes2514

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Sutton Heath, Sutton, Woodbridge, IP12 3EQ, United Kingdom
First Name
Jakes
Last Name
van der Merwe
Member #

I just got a LTPRTZ 44” lightbar, still need to properly adjust it but it makes a significant difference over the stock halogen high-beams from Ford

Attachments

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I finally threw in the towel on the old Coleman dual fuel. Attaining “blue flame nirvana” became impossible and we had soot everywhere. So- rebuild it for the third time? Or set it out on the road with a “free” sign? Bought a propane two burner stove yesterday. The Coleman’s out on the roadside. I’m going to get tall skinny a 10lb bottle and a rack for it. The short fat 10lb bottle will be used for heat in the barn until the wood stove gets going.

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Bought a 2007 Jeep Wrangler JKU a couple days ago! My wife and I had been talking about needing more space and towing capacity (as I’ve been driving and trying to adventure in a 2 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon) - and came across a great deal that I jumped on. Gonna be selling my 2010 JKR (great condition and only 84k original miles) if anyone is interested or know someone who is looking. But here’s my new (to me) rig…

Attachments

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@JaredThomsen Please do yourself and your Jeep a favor by properly rotating all 5 tires, unlike its previous owner. So many times I see Jeeps with four bald tires and a brand new spare... for what reason? If you actually needed that spare, it'd be an inch taller than the other 3 tires, and cause all kinds of drivetrain windup.

Last thing I bought, thermostat for my daily driver. Next thing I plan to buy, tires for it!

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

@JaredThomsen Please do yourself and your Jeep a favor by properly rotating all 5 tires, unlike its previous owner. So many times I see Jeeps with four bald tires and a brand new spare... for what reason? If you actually needed that spare, it'd be an inch taller than the other 3 tires, and cause all kinds of drivetrain windup.

Last thing I bought, thermostat for my daily driver. Next thing I plan to buy, tires for it!
Thanks for the recommendation! I’m not sure how many miles are on the 4 main tires (maybe half life left), but from what I was told they didn’t have a spare on the back until right before selling it and then got another wheel and new tire. So at this point I don’t think I can rotate the spare into the mix but will have to wait until I replace the other 4. Also, the previous owner didn’t get a beadlock wheel for the spare (the rest are beadlock wheels), so I’ll probably have to sell the spare and try to get the same wheel as the others once I do replace tires. Not the end of the world, but it is what it is at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: DintDobbs and Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
An Oztent King Goanna stretcher. I've been thinking about it for a while and finally treated myself to it today. Looking forward to the nights under the stars.

TrlMixx

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Napa, Napa County, California, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL
Hello Everyone

Last Thing I Bought:
I just bought the JetBoil Flash Coffee Kit vs my old percolator (which burned my coffee), and I bought the Overland Vehicle System Canvas Trash bag (similar to the Trash-a-roo).

What’s Next?….

Well the list is long!
I think my next focus will be a RotoPax system, Shore Power, OnBoard water tank, and a Power Cube (either WagenTech or Bluetti).