What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

JakeHalloran

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Chehalis, WA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Halloran
Member #

I last bought a new-to-me CVT Mt Shasta RTT. I've taken it out a few times and it's a huge improvement compared to a ground tent.

Next up is an awning of some kind. Going to need it for this winter rain, and a Utah trip being planned for next spring.

Attachments

Hernandez59

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
Emilio
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KFQ / WRMB843
Service Branch
Army
Ordered a weise 12 volt refrigerator, 48 qt.and front outer and inter steering tie rods from Detroit axle for my jeeps.
Front Outer and Inner Steering Tie Rods w/Upper and Lower Ball Joints

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

UPDATE:
Not that there was anything wrong with the Midland, but after having it for a week, I decided to return it and go with the Cobra 19 Mini. Not only does it take up significantly less real estate, but it has features the other one didn't. Most notably, 40 channels in both AM and FM.
Still have my old Cobra 25 with weather. It's a classic. So much crap on the air, but I use it for weather or traffic crash details more than anything

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I'm getting kinda frustrated with the 2005 Tahoe and am seriously considering a Sequioa or Tundra. Nothing new by any means. But something newER and Toyota.
Hated this generation when it first came out. It was the first gen that was built with only 4 doors and I really hated Chevy for taking away the 2 Door Big Blazer option. But they grew on me.

Would ANYTHING from 2005 be very reliable without a lot of maintenance at this point? Probably not. But I've seen a lot of 1st gen Tundras that are still in good shape. And the 07-14 Tahoe isn't bad either

Reactions: Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
An automatic torque biasing center differential for the transfer case of the Defender. I wanted to have for a long time, now it's time. The special thing about this variant is that the center differential next to the ATB is still 100% manually lockable if necessary, as it is original.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
You are going to want to beef up that frame. We had to do that to ours after 5 yards of compost.
Yes indeed. My son is getting his welding degree and this is the perfect thing for him to work on.

Smidee

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque New Mexico
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Service Branch
Army/national guard

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I got the the Rhino rack, 40" light bar and two amber Ridge lights and Overland Vehicle System 270 bat wing and used it going the Grand canyon and into NM mountain. Camping at the Grand canyon.
Awesome. How was the trip or are you still on the road?

CalTexMex

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fremont, Ca
Member #

@CalTexMex The thing that makes every project precious is how easily somebody else can take them away from us.

One careless or unkind person is all it takes to destroy a lifetime of hard work. I hope the loss was only of the vehicle, and you and company didn't leave with serious injury.

Last thing I bought, new shock absorbers for my secondary daily. Next, probably a bottle of coolant!
@CalTexMex The thing that makes every project precious is how easily somebody else can take them away from us.

One careless or unkind person is all it takes to destroy a lifetime of hard work. I hope the loss was only of the vehicle, and you and company didn't leave with serious injury.

Last thing I bought, new shock absorbers for my secondary daily. Next, probably a bottle of coolant!
Thanks, partner. It was a bummer and I’m just glad the wifey wasnt hurt as bad as I was. Now it’s time to build a new one. Cheers!

Reactions: Shahn and DintDobbs