What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
How do you compare the two? What do you think so far?
Both tents are great, however I would recommend the 23Zero. The build quality and materials seem to be better, plus it comes with lights and shoe bags. You can also get the tent in either driver or passenger side opening configurations. The main reason I did all this to start was so I could use a 180 23Zero Awning on the drivers side. The X Frame allows plenty of room for the awning to fully deploy even with a mid-height bed rack.

On another note I did replace the mattress with an EXPED.

Reactions: SLO Rob

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
A new Darche Eclipse 180 Versatile Awning with all the sides.

A 270 awning is unsuitable due to the tailgate and spare carried on the back. I also had concerns about the weight of the 270 awnings and the standard Eclipse 180 awning hence the reason I opted for the versatile which is 2/3rds size of the standard eclipse 180 awning.
Very happy with it. Totally enclosed it you use all the sides and suitable to fit a wood stove for my winter trips in the snow and mountains.

Specifications at the bottom after the pictures for anyone interested.

2ABA4EAD-25AC-4510-8141-40FA98A78D3A.jpg88B58EF5-300B-46C3-A1C8-7613A2493D8C (1).jpg246363BB-262C-4291-A12C-FC632668BDBD.jpg

KEY FEATURES
  • Versatile awning mounts to the side or rear of your vehicle
  • Provides 4m² of cover in all weather conditions
  • Freestanding set up mode allows for quick and easy one person set up/pack down
  • Includes 2 x pivoting telescopic leg poles stowed on the rafters plus 2 x additional leg poles in a separate carry bag
  • Heavy-duty construction and hinge system
  • Includes 2 x heavy-duty brackets with fixings, 2 x steel-buckled tension straps, guy ropes and pegs
  • Includes transit cover
  • Wall kits available (sold separately)
SPECS
External Dimensions:4200L x 1450W x 2100H mm
Max. Head Height:2100mm
Suits Vehicle Height:1600 to 2100mm
Mount Type:Side or Rear
Material:320gsm Ripstop Polycotton Canvas
Frame Material:Lightweight Box Tube Alloy Rafters |Heavy-duty Alloy Hinge System
Transit Cover Material:Heavy-duty 600gsm PVC
Waterhead Rating:PU 1500mm Water Rated
Packed Dimensions:1570L x 130W x 185H mm

Attachments

Last edited:

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Reactions: Staticline40

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i have around 40 knives for camping/cooking because when one gets dull, i have to buy another. i have several sharpening set ups and after decades of not being able to sharpen a knife with any of them...i watched ANOTHER youtube vid and just bought this so hopefully i can go on our next trip and be able to fry a slice of SPAM that doesnt look like it was sliced with a sledgehammer...
wish me luck

UPDATE: came in a couple days ago and works amazingly well. sharpened 6-7 knives in about 20 minutes and they are sharp. apparently this is the same company that makes the Drill Doctor, which is very well made and ive been using mine for 15 yrs now. if you suck at sharpening knives, this will work

Last edited:

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Just bought a second 100 ah battery, next up is probably either a 2000 w inverter or new front Coilovers. My current ones are slightly overloaded and I’ll need new ones for when I add the winch and bumper.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Replaced the cheap, broken after 3 weeks, cross bars with this TMS set. Bad news is I can no longer use the bed cover. Good news is, static limit is 800lbs.

IMAG2707.jpgIMAG2708.jpg

Reactions: Shahn and JJbyrd

Pyrat

Rank II

Pathfinder II

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Hilburn
Service Branch
Navy and Army
OVS 180° awning.
How do you like it? I’ve been considering one for my 07 Sequoia also.
It's awesome. Very well built, easy to deploy, and retrieve. My only concern was how well the cover would hold up in the Texas sun since the Sequoia sits outside all the time, so I contacted OVS support, and they replied that the cover material was such that it would last a very long time. I think the price is very reasonable considering the quality of the awning and how much it adds to our enjoyment of camping.