What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

UncleTiny78

Rank I

Contributor II

Fargo, ND, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Rodger
First post! Very cool to be a part of this forum, hopefully I can be a little more active and post more. I recently bought a Kovea Cupid Gas Heater for my rooftop tent. Planning on hitting Glacier in early June and anticipating some cool nights and mornings. It'll be nice to have something to take the edge off.

Reactions: Shahn and roots66
U

UgotWheelz

I finally got the missing hardware from a chief products dealer and a local hardware supplier to get the chief products roof rack mounted. Unfortunately chief products uses proprietary t-nuts and the t-slot spacing and the available mounting holes for the slats prohibits a lot of standard mounting hardware for racks to be utilized so I’m having a customer make everything. I also purchased a Setpower refrigerator dual zone but due to customer service issues and the first unit being defective I don’t recommend their products and will probably be selling it and buying an IceCo.The next thing I purchase will be a larger vehicle probably a 4x4 van or ambulance type of vehicle I’m hoping I can get bye for now by putting as much of my gear on the roof rack as possible.

Oliver_29d3c7

Rank II

Enthusiast II

First Name
Oliver
Last Name
Kanervikkoaho
The latest purchase for the rig (and general use) is a Dometic 25l fridge. Bought it from a guy on FB for a really good price. The first road test for it will be at the end of April when I take a 2,000+ *mile* road trip. We'll see how useful it is for us.

Last edited:

Big Dub

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

LAX
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Watkins
Member #

Starlink. Longest trip I have ever done is 8 days, due to connectivity requirements for job. Looking forward to a 22 day excursion.

Z Adventures

Rank VI
Investor

Pathfinder III

Georgia, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Zeilenga
Member #

First trip with the new Roofnest Condor XL. First night was a thunder storm. Slept great the 2nd night with temps in the low 40's. No condensation build up with both side windows cracked open. Wife loves it over our Gazelle T4+ Overland. That's a win in my book. We stayed in the Chattahoochee National Forest near Helen, GA.

CampShot4.jpg

Akicita

Rank IV

Advocate I

Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

I was gifted a Lifesaver Jerrycan filtration system from my daughter after my trusted MSR SweetWater Microfilter pump handle broke after years and thousands of liters of reliable service. I am looking forward to using the Lifesaver for my vehicle travel in the backcountry and will be purchasing the MSR Guardian for my backpacking, mountaineering, hunting, and overseas travel.

20230405_170423.jpg

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

3.5" MC game changer suspension.
Got 2 things to do next, regear to 4.56 and spare tire relocation for my 37s.
Also shopping for a larger fridge. Currently using an 18 quart but looking for something around 30 quarts, preferably dual climate.

Akicita

Rank IV

Advocate I

Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

Reactions: Outdoordog

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

Nothing overland related, but some stickers for the rig. I get them in black for the windows, I like the subtle look.

I have one so far, just the tip.

Next purchase will be spare relocation mount, and a regear. (4.56)

Attachments

Reactions: Advtres and roots66