What does your significant other drive?

• HTML tutorial

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Deb drives a 2008 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport that we bought new.

(No, that's not our house!)

Now, before you see M-B and think "I gotta hit Steve up for a loan", realize that this was Mercedes' entry level car to get people into the brand, and started at $29,995 at the time. That was just a two thousand more than a loaded 6-cylinder Accord.

She's thinking maybe an Outback for the next vehicle when that rolls around.
I dig the Mercs. My SO drives a 2005 MB C240 4matic sport wagon. Before that it was a 2001 C320 which met an untimely end due to a hit and run collision (she was fine). We love/loved both of them. We bought them both used for a few grand with ~150k miles on them but these cars engines and transmissions are known to last a very long time with proper maintenance. Nothing like getting a luxury vehicle for less than the price of a used economy car! Plus I got to buy a bunch of fancy new tools for the e-torx bolts and other random specialty tools for Mercedes. :)

Reactions: Steve

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR

I probably already posted here but oh well. 2016 Forester XT. Great car.

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
My other half drives a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. I have to be honest, the look of it has grown on me and I love driving that little car. It's actually really capable. Can't wait to start modding it :tonguewink:.

PB273147.jpg

Reactions: 9Mike2

mase001

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

2016 VW Golf R

Stage 1 Tune and all wheel drive = pure joy. I had a 620hp supercharged E92 M3 and it wasn't as much fun to drive as the r! An extremely perfect car. Fast, handles well, very good gas mileage, utility of hatchback, can carry four wheel and four tires or 8 mounted, all wheel drive is good in wet and snow. All around amazing car! Very impressed with it!