What do you like to watch?

• HTML tutorial

BeastModeABM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Big Bear City, CA
Member #

Hey guys!... I've been making random off road vids for a while and I'd like to get some input. What type of videos do you guys like to watch? How too's? Off road? etc.

Feel free to list stuff, I'm taking notes!!

druff6991

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Carlsbad NM
Member #

i like goofy stuff like dirt everyday with fred williams.

I also like watching peoples project take shape. like if you cut a truck in half and you look at the camera and say "what the hell am i about to do to this perfectly good truck" ill more than likely watch all of your videos

Reactions: BeastModeABM

BeastModeABM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Big Bear City, CA
Member #

i like goofy stuff like dirt everyday with fred williams.

I also like watching peoples project take shape. like if you cut a truck in half and you look at the camera and say "what the hell am i about to do to this perfectly good truck" ill more than likely watch all of your videos
Literally had me laughing out loud...

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: druff6991

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
We are hooked on Andrew St Pierre White. The man is a masterful story teller, he has a great sense of humor, and he videos and photographs lots of scenery, wildlife, and culture, which are the three main reasons that we overland. However, moost viewers today have little patience for anything longer than a couple of minutes. I too have posted up a couple of vids on our travels, but it seems the general populace has a very short attention span. A 2 minute jeep getting unstuck vid has over 7,000 hits, while some of my best stuff 5 or 6 to 15 or 20 minutes, gets only a few hundred hits. The guys here in the US that have decent productions take themselves way too seriously. Overlanding for my wife and I is all about having fun, and within that realm, even when things go sour, we find humor in it. Here is part 1 of an adventure from several years ago, complete with Pee Wee Herman music. If one watches both short vids, it tells a story, with vids, photos, written word and music. We like it a lot, but it seems not many others do.. So, to answer your question? Be an artist, do what "you" enjoy, cause if you try to please others, you fail yourself.

Beyond that, I do all my own mechanical work on my rig and in my home, so the "how to" vids are my "go to" resource.