Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I got a 7.5" antenna replacement for my little Baofang UV-5R and an All-Top trash bag for the tailgate/spare tire. The Trasharoo gets a lot of bad reviews for UV and durability so I figured I'd try a different brand for $10 less. And it's grey so I won't notice UV damage as much.

View attachment 132309

AND most importantly.... I got a new toilet! Yee haw!
I also got one of these all top overland bags for my rig, I'm pretty pleased with it.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey @oldmopars - don't know if the guy is still making these, but I got a nice bracket for my Baofeng BF-FH8P (UV5-R 3rd Gen) from him. Here's the thread: Baofeng UV-5R Builder Brackets

View attachment 132429
Man, those are nice! I want one now!

They are nice. Can't say for sure if he is making them currently or not, but he has set up a shop on square for the various things he makes instead of trying to do it all from adventure forum threads. Says they are currently in stock.

They, or ones very similar, are on eBay too. I have no personal experience with the eBay ones, though they very well could be the same guy, no idea.

Reactions: eagle_A40

Sean's #1 Pop

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Phelan, CA, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
P
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6UEP
I got Saturday day passes for OEX West, a potable classic Coleman camp stove and a Campchef Explorer base camp 2 burner stove.

My wife rocks!!!!!!

Reactions: Munga Brown

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Santa brought me a portable CB, Midland 75-822, tweaked with 120 channels and 18 watts. Hoping the mag mount roof antenna works with the roof rack. Put together a case with the BaoFeng BF-F8HP, pair of trail gmrs radios, CB, all chargers, cables and batteries and lined it with 4mil aluminum tape.

Reactions: Munga Brown

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
View attachment 133610
Maybe I haven't been as good as I thought.
When I was 7 or 8, my Santa gave the whole “Rose” Family one small package under the tree. My dad had all three of us kids take a piece of tape off the wrapping paper and my mom got to open the box. Inside the box was one AAA battery. We all thought we had been very bad that year... then he brought out a brand new Sony VHS player. The first VHS machine in the Rose Family History. Unfortunately it was a year before we got to use it because our TV wasn’t compatible so had to wait for a new Zenith TV the fallowing year, which was an empty box with a tv screen drawn on it with rabbit ear antennas.

This year my dad did something to me similar and gave me an empty box of .22TCM shells. He giggled at my quisitive look and went into his bedroom and got a big cardboard box and said it should help with the other box... it was an empty rifle box... that kidder... He finally handed me the rifle and boy it’s pretty. I left it there at his house in my gun safe for safe keeping until I get back on my feet and can properly store my firearms.

Reactions: HIALT2D

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
Each of my Labs got a new stuffed toy, I got one last white Christmas with my 10 year old Lab and a very nice cigar.

All in all a great Christmas!