Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Did a little project work…. First added 120v plug in center consul then remove the seats and built a box for additional storage and the dogs to stand. The goal zero will be able to plug in to that outlet so that every time we’re driving he will have the option to be charging. :-)
Nice! I like the little cutout for the Goal Zero

Kajun Sparkle

Rank V

Advocate III

Japton, Madison County, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Leger
Member #

Ok. Is time to post ...What did you do with your Rig Today? ( Credit of this thread goes to Mud forum...you know where ) It could be... washed it, went wheeling, maintenance, fix, add accessories, Mods, etc.
Just post it here. you can post as many times as you want. I know title says today, post it even if it was last week, last month, last year... just do it!

Today...80 selfie :-0

Not today...breakfast ...Fishing trip/camping. love cooking on the outdoors.

Frisly
Time well spent with the family. I took the family to Oark General Store, the oldest operating general store in Arkansas that also has the best hamburgers!! We then stopped by a waterfall and soaked on some of the Ozark scenery as we meandered back home. The next day I took my youngest exploring the backroads around our home to see what we could see! It’s amazing that we have these views just minutes from our front porch!

Attachments

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
Time well spent with the family. I took the family to Oark General Store, the oldest operating general store in Arkansas that also has the best hamburgers!! We then stopped by a waterfall and soaked on some of the Ozark scenery as we meandered back home. The next day I took my youngest exploring the backroads around our home to see what we could see! It’s amazing that we have these views just minutes from our front porch!
The Oark General Store is on my list of must-do's for my Trans-Am Trail trip this spring!

Reactions: DaleRF

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Making sure I can get out. Water to the right of me and mudslide slide to the left. Jeep and Tahoe can do water, getting set to trailer the Mustang and ladies parents Prius (it’s not mine!!! Lol) to high ground. Lithium and water don’t mix well. I figure 40% chance river in front oh house floods me out sometime this week, if not later today.
Got my hands full. Stay safe everyone.

Attachments

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Spent yesterday using the WJ as a tractor to move muck around by dragging a railroad tie. Driveway and road now passable by car. Spending today getting mud and pebbles out of the brakes, and squishing mud and water out of ball joints. Found roasted axle bearing, it will have to wait.
House, garage, and yard ok, was just trapped in for a while Fri morning. Prepping for next big storm beginning of week and who knows.
This is all an annoyance compared to the San Juaqine Valley and Salinas river flooding, and others throughout the state.

Attachments

Last edited:

slowlane

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Bender
Got a set of 205/70R15 Yokohama Geolandar A/T tires for the VW. They were the smallest 15" A/T's I could find. Definitely mild as far as all terrains go, but I wasn't looking for anything super aggressive anyway. I've been back and forth about getting a set off these for a couple of years because I'm not sure how the VW's 40hp will handle them. They are a touch under an inch taller than the stock size and are quite a bit wider and heavier. I'm going out to Kansas in a little over a month and am planning to cross the state on mostly dirt roads, so I wanted something better than the bargain basement all seasons I normally run on it. Fortunately, the trip will be mostly on fairly flat terrain, so it'll be a good test to see how the car does with them.

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Got a set of 205/70R15 Yokohama Geolandar A/T tires for the VW. They were the smallest 15" A/T's I could find. Definitely mild as far as all terrains go, but I wasn't looking for anything super aggressive anyway. I've been back and forth about getting a set off these for a couple of years because I'm not sure how the VW's 40hp will handle them. They are a touch under an inch taller than the stock size and are quite a bit wider and heavier. I'm going out to Kansas in a little over a month and am planning to cross the state on mostly dirt roads, so I wanted something better than the bargain basement all seasons I normally run on it. Fortunately, the trip will be mostly on fairly flat terrain, so it'll be a good test to see how the car does with them.

Good choice for the Kubbelwagen. If nothing else, you’ll probably have less worry about cutting them on rocks.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Adjusted the shackles on my Xterra today. I'll still need to get an add-a-leaf down the road, but at least it sits level now. Still has all my gear and a full water tank in it.

Last edited:

Akicita

Rank IV

Advocate I

Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

I went backcountry skiing last week and arrived at base camp at 10,600 ft after dark and proceeded to back into a drainage swale covered in 3 ft of snow. . . popped the tent and waited for daylight to winch out. I don't typically add a lot of lights to any of my rigs, but when I got home, and ordered some Diode Dynamic SS3 cube lights and an Aux Beam switch to give me better illumination when backing. I installed them today after church in the AEV Bison bumper factory location. I also installed an AEV transmission skid plate I've had lying around since last Fall.

20230318_150853.jpg
20230318_083227.jpg
20230319_194341.jpg20230319_194525.jpg