What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Clare, Nova Scotia, Canada
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Bluhm
Installed a guard to the front underbelly of my Ram 3500 Promaster Class B van today. The alternator for the coach was an add on up front and was super exposed, as were a lot of other goodies.

We drive backroads a lot and this a great piece of mind, plus she looks like a tank now….lol

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Installed a guard to the front underbelly of my Ram 3500 Promaster Class B van today. The alternator for the coach was an add on up front and was super exposed, as were a lot of other goodies.

We drive backroads a lot and this a great piece of mind, plus she looks like a tank now….lol
That's AWESOME! Looks great too!

Reactions: Grasshopper's Path

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Genesis Duel Battery system installed in the Gladiator, not as bad a project as I had thought it would be.
No more small aux battery casing problems.

Attachments

Chuckem12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Florida
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Ya, reality ha a way of getting in the way of everything
Ain't that the truth..... how many times have i dreamt of throwing big money to build some nice toys....then I remember the whole being a "responsible adult" thing... I mean... Ramen Noodles aren't that bad... a month or two will be okay right? lol

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Finally, pulled the original L134 from the CJ2 down for inspection for overhaul to replace the blown engine. With exception of the cam. I don't have the tool I need to removed the valves from the block yet. But, everything is looking ok right now and useable for a rebuild. Bearings were obviously ran with coolant contaminated oil but the journals look in good shape. Now to get the valve tool and get the parts to the machine shop for cleaning. I'm guessing it will need to be bored judging by the #4 bore. It's got some decent scoring from the coolant ingestion. We'll see what the shop says when they inspect it. The coolant passages are definatly full of mud.

crank.jpgin the block.jpginverted block.jpg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Finally, pulled the original L134 from the CJ2 down for inspection for overhaul to replace the blown engine. With exception of the cam. I don't have the tool I need to removed the valves from the block yet. But, everything is looking ok right now and useable for a rebuild. Bearings were obviously ran with coolant contaminated oil but the journals look in good shape. Now to get the valve tool and get the parts to the machine shop for cleaning. I'm guessing it will need to be bored judging by the #4 bore. It's got some decent scoring from the coolant ingestion. We'll see what the shop says when they inspect it. The coolant passages are definatly full of mud.

View attachment 246338View attachment 246339View attachment 246340
Hope the shop brings you good news!

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Technically it was yesterday and not today, but I got my spare Goal Zero Boulder panels mounted to the HQ19. I had to rewire it so that it is in series rather than parallel to match the current panel setup. Have the wires run to the connection location of the system, just need to get them hooked. this may require some modification to the system wires. hopefully its a simple plug and play.

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Technically it was yesterday and not today, but I got my spare Goal Zero Boulder panels mounted to the HQ19. I had to rewire it so that it is in series rather than parallel to match the current panel setup. Have the wires run to the connection location of the system, just need to get them hooked. this may require some modification to the system wires. hopefully its a simple plug and play.
Nice!

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Eeyore our JK had a bit of power loss at high RPM going over passes while in Death Valley over Thanksgiving, and then I found oil in the air filter box this weekend while doing maintenance, previously never had oil on the filter. So tonight it is out to the garage to pull enough goodies off the motor to get to the spark plug holes that they hide under the air intake/throttle body plenum so I can do a leak down test and verify if I have rings going bad or other major issues. Hoping it was just two much wide open throttle over mountain passes (possible side effect of an economy vs performance tune on the engine) or we just got steep enough on the trails to flood the PCV system with oil. Assuming the leak down test will tell all..lol on the other hand the better half of OTH Overland is already suggesting that perhaps if the engine is bad then a hemi swap might be in order... Yet another reason why I love her so much!

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Eeyore our JK had a bit of power loss at high RPM going over passes while in Death Valley over Thanksgiving, and then I found oil in the air filter box this weekend while doing maintenance, previously never had oil on the filter. So tonight it is out to the garage to pull enough goodies off the motor to get to the spark plug holes that they hide under the air intake/throttle body plenum so I can do a leak down test and verify if I have rings going bad or other major issues. Hoping it was just two much wide open throttle over mountain passes (possible side effect of an economy vs performance tune on the engine) or we just got steep enough on the trails to flood the PCV system with oil. Assuming the leak down test will tell all..lol on the other hand the better half of OTH Overland is already suggesting that perhaps if the engine is bad then a hemi swap might be in order... Yet another reason why I love her so much!
good luck, I hope it is just a bit of clean-up

the_great_white

Rank II

Enthusiast III

West Georgia
First Name
TGW
Last Name
TGW
Ain't that the truth..... how many times have i dreamt of throwing big money to build some nice toys....then I remember the whole being a "responsible adult" thing... I mean... Ramen Noodles aren't that bad... a month or two will be okay right? lol
There's been a time or two in life that month or two wasn't by choice so I think you'll be ok..lol

Reactions: Shahn and B-R

Enthusiast III

Clare, Nova Scotia, Canada
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Bluhm
Got some new shoes for my 4Runner today. I went with Nokians again as they work well for me. I went from the Rotiva AT to the Outpost AT. I’ve only gone for a short drive on them but damn they are nice tires. Smooth rolling and quiet. They look good too.

Attachments

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Got some new shoes for my 4Runner today. I went with Nokians again as they work well for me. I went from the Rotiva AT to the Outpost AT. I’ve only gone for a short drive on them but damn they are nice tires. Smooth rolling and quiet. They look good too.
Not so long ago we had the chance to wheel on the closed track, really wet conditions evil sticky and slippery clay, one JL wrangler had Nokian outpost and they performed much better than expected under this conditions.