Pedro
Last Name
Chavez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9PMP
Service Branch
Army
Done over a few days, added a Eurowise roof rack to my Porsche Cayenne as well as my Yaesu FTM400XDR. This was a heck of an install but worth it.

Attachments

orange01z28

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Queen Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Bennett
I have the option of using my wife's 40mpg car to go into the office on the days I'm in. Honestly, I prefer my truck, especially when it's cold out. MPG be damned.

There are days though.
Yeah, I only go into the office 2 or 3 days a week so i guess it's more of a want than a need but I still have to run the kids around all over the place

A commuter car would save me on some of those nagging maintenance problems that come from DDing something with 37s and a 3.5" lift :tearsofjoy:

But i'll be dumb and my "commuter car" will end up being an old C10, El Camino, 5.0 Mustang or something

Reactions: danwyandt and Shahn

Dimitri_Raptis

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Converter my car to LPG. Works great. Huge cost saving.
Wow! Never seen a conversion before. As someone who has never looked into this, how safe is this? Does it require much more maintenance/inspection?
Thanks. Very safe. Does not need much maintenance, occasionally some simple adjustments if the yellow light turns on.

Reactions: Sparksalot

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
Replaced the cat and got a new muffler. Had them tuck it up unlike the last one, made sure it was quiet as a 454 could be and as stock looking as possible.

Attachments

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
OK, this is cheating a little bit since i didn't do this "today" but instead "last week" but i regeared my (manual trans) JKUR from 4.10 to 4.88 finally. It was a good experience, i went in kinda scared since i've always heard its super hard, requires special tools, yadda yadda yadda. The hardest part was chasing down the damn outer pinion bearing for the front, hah. The only tool i needed to buy that i didn't already have was a clamshell bearing puller. I could have cut the old ones off with a dremel since i was replacing them anyway, but it was WAY easier to get them off with the tool anyway. literally takes like 5 seconds to pull them off with it.

Attachments