Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
So been a while, life stuff.

Here is what we've gotten done...

Needed to get a rear camera installed as I had to shange plans and head back up to Oregon on short notice due to an emergency...here is what we were able to get done. In the photos (I really hope they dont show up upside down again I dont know why that keeps happening)
1. multifilament nylon braid as loom for future runs.
2. Polyester looming tape with synthetic rubber coat for securing wire bundles.
3. built new RCA cable with Anchor coax as the stuff that comes with back up cameras is pathetic.
4. labeled all the wires and have a labeling "system" as well with clear heat shrink adhesive lined over the labels.
5. Cleaned old ground point (G401) and applied SteelCamel protectant to the grounding point.
6. added strain relieving grommets to the passthrough to the under cab.
7. loomed the cable with pest deterrent loom on the outside of the vehicle.

This was all far more works then it seems as I had found a complete mess where the trailer hitch wiring was as the guys who installed it completely destroyed the wiring underneath so later when not in an emergency will redo all the mess. UGH.

IMG_1981.jpegIMG_1997.jpegIMG_2005.jpegIMG_2011.jpegIMG_2006.jpegIMG_2012.jpegIMG_2015.jpegIMG_1999.jpeg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
So been a while, life stuff.

Here is what we've gotten done...

Needed to get a rear camera installed as I had to shange plans and head back up to Oregon on short notice due to an emergency...here is what we were able to get done. In the photos (I really hope they dont show up upside down again I dont know why that keeps happening)
1. multifilament nylon braid as loom for future runs.
2. Polyester looming tape with synthetic rubber coat for securing wire bundles.
3. built new RCA cable with Anchor coax as the stuff that comes with back up cameras is pathetic.
4. labeled all the wires and have a labeling "system" as well with clear heat shrink adhesive lined over the labels.
5. Cleaned old ground point (G401) and applied SteelCamel protectant to the grounding point.
6. added strain relieving grommets to the passthrough to the under cab.
7. loomed the cable with pest deterrent loom on the outside of the vehicle.

This was all far more works then it seems as I had found a complete mess where the trailer hitch wiring was as the guys who installed it completely destroyed the wiring underneath so later when not in an emergency will redo all the mess. UGH.

View attachment 245312View attachment 245313View attachment 245314View attachment 245315View attachment 245316View attachment 245317View attachment 245318View attachment 245319
Good looking wire loom. Nice!

Reactions: kunstmilch

YoKramer

Rank IV

Influencer II

Concord NC
Member #

Got mad at it, and well it was yesterday too. Head gasket blew on the Xterra and I still have about a month before the Jeep shows up. Good thing my wife works from home. Now to call some scrap yards I guess.

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

Sent my Cherokee in for an oil change and an inspection sticker. Turns out they couldn’t do the oil change because the nut is stripped. So I need a new oil pan.

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I managed to get the towing Relays into my '13 Frontier. I now have running lights on whatever I'm towing with that vehicle.

I also replaced the light harness and tail lights on the trailer. Just need to re-secure the wires inside the trailer.