Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Think you are having way too much fun with this Mike :)
I used to do this stuff for a living... the last job I did before selling the business was a motor swap on an 86 Bronco. So yea I’m having a blast.

MarcoM

Rank III

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, USA
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Maga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
TBD
long weekend up in Bear Valley near WolfeBoro BSA and Spicer Reservoir area. Similar to @JimBill , HWY 580 to 5 and up 4 in central valley was all smoke and haze as well. Very sad and unfortunate.

Up on the mountains the air was mostly clear on Friday and early Saturday but some smoke did blow in afternoon Sat.
Great trip though, as always better than not going anywhere.

Anyone been up to Corral Ridge 38.4780°N, 120.0735°W?
I was looking at a top online map showing that one can get to it via NF- 7N35, but could not find the road.

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'd say that's the best use of any rig.

I installed some seat covers
carhart ones?
Yep, I settled on them because everything I kept reviewing online either didn't have any reviews that sounded genuine or they were mostly negative. The carhartts seemed to have a few videos on people reviewing them and they seemed to like them. They seem heavy duty and with a 95lb gsd and me being a big guy they'll get put to the test. Install was pretty straightforward though there'd be a few things I think they could do better.
Good to know. I still haven't put any in my truck

MarcoM

Rank III

Enthusiast III

San Francisco, California, USA
First Name
Marco
Last Name
Maga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
TBD
Ha I hope so! He's a labradoodle. So far I compare him to a fluffy Teddy bear with velociraptor teeth
Oh man, the puppy teeth! Velociraptor teeth is so accurate, and smarts. I've had a Rotty which are smart and a Pitt which are bull headed, my labradoodle is a combo of both and more. He's been described as a small person in a furry suit.

uncanny how much similar yours looks to mine when he was a pup.

Again, Congrats on the addition to your Fam. Best of luck with him & enjoy.

IMG_20140829_131439_edit.jpg

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Oh man, the puppy teeth! Velociraptor teeth is so accurate, and smarts. I've had a Rotty which are smart and a Pitt which are bull headed, my labradoodle is a combo of both and more. He's been described as a small person in a furry suit.

uncanny how much similar yours looks to mine when he was a pup.

Again, Congrats on the addition to your Fam. Best of luck with him & enjoy.

View attachment 168178
I'm pretty stoked about the little guy. We have boxers so they're keeping him tuckered out lol. Wife wants to take him kayaking with us eventually.

Boppa's Travels

Rank VI

Explorer I

Corsicana, TX, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Eubank
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5KFF

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

Moving to a new apartment so my Jeep is moving a few things. My wife dropped her car off to get serviced and we stopped at a Hardware store and the Jeep decided it didn’t want to start. Turns out I need a new starter so it’s now at the garage where my wife’s car was. It stinks with my back I can’t lie on the ground to fix it. 635B1316-9CDB-4BCC-9A53-4DC5251A7DAF.jpeg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I repaired the Campbell soup can and Coates it in Zinc
401CF6CB-39EF-40B1-9F87-38F47B6EC429.jpeg
My pile of non usable parts is growing
FB11F04D-1A17-4DDF-9A8A-312DD2A311B1.jpeg
Here is what I’m putting back in when the new to me engine gets here... and that the end of the parts that go back in... everything else I pull out goes to the scrap heap.
AC51C447-6CB5-49A2-A9AD-984F9119B716.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Moving to a new apartment so my Jeep is moving a few things. My wife dropped her car off to get serviced and we stopped at a Hardware store and the Jeep decided it didn’t want to start. Turns out I need a new starter so it’s now at the garage where my wife’s car was. It stinks with my back I can’t lie on the ground to fix it. View attachment 168365
That sucks when you have to pay someone for simple repairs. It also sucks to be in pain. I'm in the same shoes. Hang in there.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
  • Love
Reactions: M Rose

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Tore the CJ carb down this morning. Cleaned up the main body and have the rest of the parts standing by for carb dip when i get home today. Goal this evening is to have that put back together and get started on the transmission.