Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
96 D1. Love the thing. Wanting to install medium or heavy coils on it really soon.
Is the dent in your lower left side from the yree damage ? I think a toilet plunger could remove that dent if you remove the trim first. I thought your D1 was black from your identity picture. Anyway I love these things too. I like my ride just fine with only a 2" spacer lift. I might change my mind after I load it up with gear. I'm still in my build up and rock sliders will go on next week. Then I will be finished with my exterior armor.

South_Puget_Sound_OL

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roy, WA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pinick
Member #

96 D1. Love the thing. Wanting to install medium or heavy coils on it really soon.
Is the dent in your lower left side from the yree damage ? I think a toilet plunger could remove that dent if you remove the trim first. I thought your D1 was black from your identity picture. Anyway I love these things too. I like my ride just fine with only a 2" spacer lift. I might change my mind after I load it up with gear. I'm still in my build up and rock sliders will go on next week. Then I will be finished with my exterior armor.
I prefer to custom build all my stuff. The roof rack took 2 weeks. Rock sliders are on the list to build. Im going to purchase my springs the Atlantic British. They come with shocks and are under $500. Don't want to go any higher cause of the driveline issues. Haven't tried the plunger yet.

DugzKine

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Macaalay
Member #

What started out as an exciting off-road adventure turned into a quick trip to Starbucks. So...
Long story short, aired down to enjoy a local off-road trail (Tie-Rod Canyon) only to be met by a locked access gate.. doh!!
So quickly retreated back towards home to evade the “HELL-ish” heat that was coming, but not without stopping to enjoy an iced cold coffee. The end...

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
We drove back into the gamelands near by and target shot our BB guns.

My red Ryder is 33 years old...but it still shoots the bad guys...err targets l.

I got my son a daisy buck...he was working on his sharpshooter badge today. Getting better.

Didnt snap any pics though. It is a scorcher out there

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I installed some angle iron on top that holds my traction mats to help deflect the air flow when I have gear on top.
I havent decided what to put on my rack to cut down on road wind noise. I might use some sort of spoiler. I like your solution for your rack.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I prefer to custom build all my stuff. The roof rack took 2 weeks. Rock sliders are on the list to build. Im going to purchase my springs the Atlantic British. They come with shocks and are under $500. Don't want to go any higher cause of the driveline issues. Haven't tried the plunger yet.
I would have done all my build up myself but health reasons kept me from doing it. I'm 85 years old now and only think I can do things. I'm getting there anyway, only slower this time.
Nice to see other LRD's coming aboard. I'm coming up to PNW this fall for my coming out adventure. Plan To visit my son in Lake Sammamish, a daughter in Coos Bay, and three or four OB members in the NW states.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Rock sliders are very difficult to make for the discovery unless you have plans from a builder. I found some on YouTube.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I took off the transfer case skid plate on the Bronco, and then spent the rest of the day making stuff look pretty... tomorrow driveshafts get removed, radiator pulled, and start unhooking the transmission lines and linkages. If I feel ambitious I will pull the interior so I can swap some of that stuff out as well.

Advocate I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Jackman
Member #

After adding some substantial weight to the front end I needed to adjust the preload on my front coilovers. Spinning the collar kept turning the shock body so I grabbed the closest hunk of metal (which turned out to be a speed square) and bolted it to the top to use as a handle. Worked out ok I guess. Still not a huge fan of spring compressors.

IMG_7512.JPG

South_Puget_Sound_OL

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roy, WA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pinick
Member #

Rock sliders are very difficult to make for the discovery unless you have plans from a builder. I found some on YouTube.
I was thinking about using the current bolt pattern that flows up in to the door jam as a pattern. Then once I have the basic design I want ro figure out how to make runners in to the frame for stability. Might need to figure out a bushing connection so I still have some body movement verses hard tie.

Dlnuckolls

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Shepherdsville, KY, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Nuckolls
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4WHV
Today was a great day! I replaced the EVAP canister on my 2019 JLU. Took most of the afternoon, but saved me about 300$ over having the dealer do the work. Not to mention it makes me feel good to be able to do some repairs by myself!

theoriginalgiga

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Chaney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6WFI
I'd say that's the best use of any rig.

I installed some seat covers
carhart ones?
Yep, I settled on them because everything I kept reviewing online either didn't have any reviews that sounded genuine or they were mostly negative. The carhartts seemed to have a few videos on people reviewing them and they seemed to like them. They seem heavy duty and with a 95lb gsd and me being a big guy they'll get put to the test. Install was pretty straightforward though there'd be a few things I think they could do better.

Reactions: joshjunior