Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
It toom about a week, but got the topper painted black and back on the truck. Was gping to do the color match option but that had too much chance for disaster if it didnt match perfect.

Attachments

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Fixed the headlights on the Xterra the other day. The led bulbs came with instructions that didn't allow them to stay in the housing. I had to pull the headlights and figure out how to get them to sit properly.

I also just finished rebuilding the fridge slide for my trailer. The screws had come out, and wedged themselves inside the slides. I managed to fish them out, and changed the design to use wood screws instead of the machine screws I was using. This should work much better.

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Yesterday I put the front driveshaft into the CJ2 and sewed up a quick windshield frame hold down and some chain covers for the tailgate using one of my old uniforms like I did with the CJ5. I also finally swapped the front driver unit hub on the XJ since it had a little play in it. I'll see tomorrow if that cures the bit of howling I've had with it at speed.

The boy wouldn't stop bugging me for a "ride in the CJ2" so I took the kids down to see how the bridge repair was going on our road that's now requiring us to add 5 mins to any trip we take to town, then we went down to the dirt road bridge, the creek there is bone dry, then we swung by the "Money Cemetery" and the kids went around looking at headstones.

Today was basically patching up the bumper, so I don't have to spend money on a new one. I cut out the junk the old owners welded to the front and roughed in two patches and painted it. I'll put it on tomorrow maybe, I think I may have to go get some hardware to mount it up.

HOOD TIEDOWN.jpgTAILGATE CHAINS.jpgkids in cj.jpgCJ SELFIE.jpg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I gave my rig her first few hundred scratches the other day. Felt good to rip the bandaid off... so I keep telling myself. haha
View attachment 236464
I know that feeling.

Thecopcar when I first got it. Then after a few outings, including overgrown OKBDR roads.

EF7D8124-B18C-4407-B361-518043B3312D.jpeg21F3A14A-7078-41B6-B788-94A37D93F985.jpeg