Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I guess I should of called it a Recon Trip lol. No unfortunately I'm too old for the scouts now, and I don't have any kids yet.
LOL. I call that a recon. Ahahahahahha. I've been involved with Boy Scouts for decades from Tenderfoot to Scoutmaster.
Thanks Shaun

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
**Edit** - I don’t know if it’s the app or what but these pictures did not upload in the order that I selected.

All right. So I gambled on Auxbeam pods and a small 20” bar. After reading as many reviews as I had the patience for, I decided to go ahead with it. I think the number one complaint was condensation.

So in an attempt to get ahead of the potential problem, I thought I’d seal them up. This can obviously apply to any cheap lights given you can take it apart (at least the ends). Auxbeam claims IP68 buttttt …right.

If anyone wants to try this …I would’ve rather used black silicone but I had a tube of clear. Just take the ends off and rub it in over the existing, supposedly water tight, gasket. I closely examined anywhere that water could creep in and just, for lack of better terms AND skill, lathered it on. But not too much to where it would overspill when tightening the cover back on.

Attachments

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
New radius arm adjustable 3 degree bushings are on the bench. One of the Slee 3 degree bushings failed after only ( insert sarcasm Imogene) 120,000 miles of use. Monday I’ll get the arms off, cut and beat the old ones out of one arm, use the other arm as a jig, then do the other arm. Have I done this before? Yup.

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Installed those God forsaken Auxbeam lights. I did the ditch and 20” bar for now. They work great. But wiring them was an awful experience. Lol. Two of the wires were crossed within two plugs. Nice work, Auxbeam. But I wouldn’t expect anything better. Took me a minute to figure it out. A minute being about 45 mins. I love the white/amber option. It also has a strobe function but I doubt I’ll use that.

I don’t have clearance lights on top. It’s just the refraction of the light bar.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jariners

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Kittitas County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Cochran
Member #

Added a fridge slide to my F150, converted my Hard Korr LED and fridge to use Anderson plugs, hardwired an Anderson power distribution (with included fuses!) direct to battery. I wanted to have Anderson plugs for secure connections and found this great power distribution block with included fuses. Previously I was going to have to run a lot more wires from a fuse box.

Next step is installing my solar to keep the battery topped off, it’s just too cold to mount it currently.

Attachments

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Added a fridge slide to my F150, converted my Hard Korr LED and fridge to use Anderson plugs, hardwired an Anderson power distribution (with included fuses!) direct to battery. I wanted to have Anderson plugs for secure connections and found this great power distribution block with included fuses. Previously I was going to have to run a lot more wires from a fuse box.

Next step is installing my solar to keep the battery topped off, it’s just too cold to mount it currently.
Ok you cant dangle sweet things like that fused block in front of use and use not want to know where you got that.

Jim

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
Flush mounted my GMRS plug so it's not so messy looking.

View attachment 222745

View attachment 222744
Flush mounted my GMRS plug so it's not so messy looking.

View attachment 222745

View attachment 222744
did the same but put min in the center console.
brakes, tire rotation and oil change. Started installing my break over camera. Added some tie down point to the roof rack.
View attachment 226072View attachment 226073View attachment 226076
For any Ram owners out there here’s the threads I’m following to install my camera. Cargo cam to front cam hack, Cargo cam 2