What Did You Do With Your Rig Today? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

mface7

Rank V
Adventure

Enthusiast II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Picked up another set of 4 wheels last night so I can run a full-size spare. 18" fuel throttle. one of them has some wallowing in the lug holes, but since I only need 1 right now I can deal with that later. $120 for the set of 4, which brings the total for 8 wheels and 8 tires to $440 in total. really need to work out hanging the spare on the back end now...

er waddell

Rank V
Adventure

Off-Road Ranger I

Bay Colony Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89131, United States
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Waddell
Member #

Ham Callsign
KJ7GYU
Ah yes that could be an issue over time. But good to hear both batteries charge! I too have a dual battery setup (mine is just a solenoid bridge, so once the starter battery drops to 12.6v it disconnects from the aux battery. Then it reconnects once higher volatage has been applied for more than 30 seconds.) I've been reading up on these solar panels so I may give them a shot for longer trips.
I wonder in that configuration would the two sources in parallel (fully charged main, and solar charger) engage the solenoid. This would be the same principal that I am using in my setup. If you put a standard battery charger on your main will the solenoid engage?

Sjo527

Rank V
Expedition
Adventure

Influencer II

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham Callsign
KE8TDZ
I wonder in that configuration would the two sources in parallel (fully charged main, and solar charger) engage the solenoid. This would be the same principal that I am using in my setup. If you put a standard battery charger on your main will the solenoid engage?
As i understand it (I may be wrong lol). There are a couple ways to do it. I could connect it to the posts that the vehicle connects to. This would charge the starter battery only until the solenoid clicks over, then it would charge the bank entirely. The other way would be to connect it the opposite direction via the power bar that's rigged to run only off the aux battery after the solenoid disconnects. This would only charge the aux battery but again would eventually trip the solenoid to allow flow to the full bank. Then if you wanted to be more specific you can just do either battery directly.

Roots66

SouthWest Region Member Rep Texas

Member III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF / FEMA CERT
How that we're in Fall and I'm done with buying soil and mulch and other garden supplies, I've been my bed and gear boxes back in the camper shell.

View attachment 211729
Fall is when I start getting all the garden supplies since the plants stop bursting into flames from the heat when they come up.

RoarinRow

Rank V

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6JJS
Fall is when I start getting all the garden supplies since the plants stop bursting into flames from the heat when they come up.
Yeah this year is the most time that we spent in our backyard so my rig did a lot of work. Putting her back to 'normal' has gotten my motivated to get out there.

überlander

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I finally decided where my yellow LEDs are going to go, and that I’ll connect them to my day time running lights, I think it’ll look great and be functional. Ordering them and it’ll be some work (drilling and cutting) but I’ll be happy I think.

Attachments

North American Sojourner

Rank III
Adventure

Contributor III

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Thanks, it is. Here is what it looks like when travel ready.

View attachment 212007
There are million dollar rigs out there that can't compete with this. Hands down, the most comfy shelter in the world. Plexeglass over the 12v stuff is on point Sir! Well done.
Zim

Reactions: er waddell

RoarinRow

Rank V

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6JJS
There are million dollar rigs out there that can't compete with this. Hands down, the most comfy shelter in the world. Plexeglass over the 12v stuff is on point Sir! Well done.
Zim
Thank you thank you, definitely works for me. Wanted to protect my electronics somehow, but still have visibility to the status of my read outs, etc.