What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

VDawg1115

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Oakland, CA
Member #

Got a much needed alignment today. Guys at wheelworks were appalled that my last alignment was 5 wheeling trips ago. Things were pretty far off. They were disappointed I don't bring the rig in after each wheeling trip considering I have the lifetime alignment plan. Filled her up with E85 on the way home

Attachments

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

We had some mud slides and flooding around town due to the heavy rains, so I was puttering around when I found a truck that had hit the edge of a mudslide and gotten sucked into a ditch and wasn't able to get himself free.
They were planning on using a ratchet strap around the axle of it and his friends 3/4 truck, so I offered my assistance to help keep it safe. Shackle hitch into the receiver, snatch strap, and shackle to my front recovery point.
Got him out in no time.

Here is his buddy's truck

The stuck truck driving away
HHMM, you got me thinking I should carry and extra hitch pin for such situations when someone else needs help.

Reactions: Zargon

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

HHMM, you got me thinking I should carry and extra hitch pin for such situations when someone else needs help.
I personally don't like using just a hitch pin, it's adding a bending moment to the pin, which is ment for a sheer load. So I prefer to use the little insert you put in the receiver, add the pin, and then hook a shackle up to it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using OB Talk mobile app

mase001

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

That's gonna be nice!!! Made it with a slight gap for storage of long and skinny items :D

Carpet in a day or two!

ManWithJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New York
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Aaa
Member #

No pics so this post is sort of useless - BUT just in case anyone with an XJ has questions, I installed the Putco headlight wiring harness today in my Cherokee. It's an intermediary harness that contains relays - this allows you to remove the majority of the headlight current from the switch, and route it through relays instead. The result is much brighter headlights, and a longer-lasting headlight switch!

mase001

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

IMG_9715.JPG Finished carpeting my rear shelf! Color doesnt match exactly but it's close enough to sleep on :D

It's flush all the way across I just didn't want to pull car seat ;)

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

All I did with my rig today was drive it to work. No fun, but it gets the money to go have the fun. I will be ordering some of those bad sleds this week for a beach trip next month.

Reactions: Glenn

chrispartida

Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

Stole my buddy from his wife and drove up ACH as far as they'd let us, to bring back some of our local Los Angeles snow for a batch of cold brew.

Managed to help a guy get some AAA support after he ran over a rock that was way too big, and cracked his oil pan - all in a cell dead zone. Had to trek back to the fire station since no one was around on cb.

Then played in the snow a little and ran into my friend who took his gf up to the snow to propose. I lent them some snow gear and took a few photos of their milestone.

Fun day!!

-CP TACO
OB #3276

pixelsailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boerne, TX
Member #

Went in for my first service visit... 5000 miles. So strange that Toyota doesn't change the oil at 5k. Then put together the remaining bits for my tent storage. Really it's only shortcoming is that it doesn't lift evenly. Have to periodically adjust one side while raising or lowering, but it sure makes getting the tent on and off a breeze.

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Drove five hours round trip yesterday to go and pick this up for the rover!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using

EDIT: It doesn't seem to want to upload the image from my phone... (I got a new brush guard for the front)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dakota Boren

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

Went in for my first service visit... 5000 miles. So strange that Toyota doesn't change the oil at 5k. Then put together the remaining bits for my tent storage. Really it's only shortcoming is that it doesn't lift evenly. Have to periodically adjust one side while raising or lowering, but it sure makes getting the tent on and off a breeze.

My understanding is Toyota does 5000 oils change is the vvt system. They have small holes that run on oil pressure and you don't want them clogged.

C.L.Gravy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Krum, Tx
Member #

About to do the same setup on my frontier. Where did you get those cross bars for your bed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using OB Talk mobile app

pixelsailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boerne, TX
Member #

About to do the same setup on my frontier. Where did you get those cross bars for your bed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using OB Talk mobile app
They're from Relentless Fabrication. The tall versions. They're made specifically for Toyotas though so you might want to measure your bed first. Plus they're designed to be attached to the Tacoma's bed rails

Reactions: C.L.Gravy