What coffee do you drink at home vs off grid?

• HTML tutorial

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

First, I am a BRCC coffee fan. For two reasons. One, they make good, stout coffee. Two it is veteran owned/operated. I really hope their plan to open shops that are owned, managed, run and operated by veterans to give them a job after getting out. BRCC has a good plan. If money were no object, I would invest heavily:

Reactions: bumbleruck

bumbleruck

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Denver, CO
First Name
David
Last Name
M
I've toyed with trying BRCC for those exact reasons, but it's always been just a little too pricey (understandably) compared to beans from the local grocery store. If I were to try ONE roast, as a dark roast, black-drinking guy, any recommendations? Think it's high time I gave my money to people and a mission I believe in.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Roast House all the way. They are a great company that partners with non profits in the area (mostly environmental stewardship groups) and they make a simply amazing product. The owner Deb is a hoot to be around too, and she has a built a team of amazing and passionate people. I also respect Deb a lot for being a driving force of entrepreneurship in Spokane. She has helped and continues to help many small businesses in our area.
Roast House Coffee
As far as prep, most days its just drip, but we also have an espresso machine and I make Greek coffee on the weekends.

Last edited:

JackA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orondo, WA, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

I grind enough Columbia Medium Roast (Amazon Fresh) beans to last for the trip and carry the grindings in a glass screw top jar. I tend to purculate while camping in place but might "pour over" if in a hurry.

zcostilla

Rank III

Traveler III

Fountain Inn, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Zac
Last Name
Costilla
Member #

Service Branch
USAF ‘93-‘13
I’m a French press guy, and have loved them since my tour in Germany in the late ‘90s. We have a drip coffee maker at home for the sheer volume (two college kids still living with us, and frequent company), but ALWAYS travel with my French press and break it out for solo cups... or rather, 20 oz. mugs.

I also did a tour in Honduras, and love Central American and South American beans. We get the Fresh Thyme health food store brand here, and we buy similar stuff on the road if we run out, but I’m not beholden to any particular brand or roast. I only buy quality arabica coffee, but after 20 years in the service, I am still willing to drink whatever is made, weak or strong, light or dark roast; it all beats no coffee. Doesn’t mean I won’t make a comment or two in jest, but I’ll drink a cup of coffee with anyone in friendship.