What battery do you recommend?

• HTML tutorial

Ttwixxxx

Rank 0

Contributor II

Look for a new battery to put in my Sierra 2500HD. What would you guys recommend?

What about a deep cycle type battery?

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

I use to run Optimas Red Tops in all my cars which lasted me about 10 years. They were great before they sold to another company. Ever since then their quality has dropped drastically. I stopped buying Optimas about 6 years ago.

Recently I needed a battery for my FJ. I looked at the Diehard marine batteries by sears, the X2 power by batteries+, and a few other AGM batteries. I purchased the store brand Auto Craft AGM H7 battery from Advanced Auto Parts. It has a good warranty and they usually have an online special going for $25 off car batteries you can use to save a bit of money. This battery hasnt let me down. I left my headlights on once for about 10hrs. I thought that certainly I was going to have a dead battery. Believe it or not the FJ started right up. I highly recommend this line of batteries if you are in the market for one. It's powerful and considerably cheaper than the others mentioned. Plus if it does faill, Advanced Auto Parts is just right around the corner from wherever you just might be. I've had mine for two winters now and it's still running flawlessly.

As I was saying, they are running a promotion online. You should be able to choose in-store pickup.

Sent from my SM-G935P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Chris

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

I have run one Optima Yellow top for 7 years with no issues, and another Yellow Top for 4 years. Both were sold with the vehicles. I have had no issues.

I am now running the X2 in my 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for 2 years and no issues. One cool thing to note, In the Wrangler there are spacer blocks in the tray. These do not bolt down they just act as shims to keep the factory sized battery in place. I went up in size in the battery. I end up getting more power out of the battery ( almost 150 more CCA and I think another 45 min of reserve - This is an estimate) and it is a perfect fit in the stock tray. No need for the plastic shims.