What are the epic mid-atlantic overland destinations?

• HTML tutorial

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
Having lived on the east coast all my life I'm just accustomed to the heavily forested mountain environments for overland adventures, so I find all the youtube videos of mid-west and open expanse overlanding so appealing. Those massive parks and scenery make for epic trips. At times I get a little bored trip planning to return to the same old mountain ranges and it got me wondering what are considered the epic overland destinations in the mid-atlantic area?

Being in Virginia I still love the trips I make to the George Washington National Forest and the Monongahela National Forest in West Virginia but hunger for something a little different if that even exists within one of the adjacent states (Virginia, West Va, NC, TN). I'm curious what destinations others consider epic trips in this area? I have 4 or 5 days off next week and looking for somewhere new to visit.

Seabee126

Rank IV

Advocate III

Toano, VA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Laguesse
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Im excited to find some nice trails here in VA. I live near Williamsburg and there has to be some cool places over here!

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
I am WNC and anything in VA could be of interest... Watching for ideas.

OBGladiator

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Oxford, PA, USA
First Name
Josiah
Last Name
Cagle
Member #

You should check out the MABDR. I’m heading down to VA next week to see family. While I’m there I’m going to drive a few sections of the route. I’m from Mt. Airy, NC and I’m looking to find some routes around there.

Reactions: Shisui