Welcome, Overland Bound Region - Southeast

• HTML tutorial

Alberto Escobedo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, FL
Member #

Hello, everyone. New to OB and new to the SE Forums. I’m based in Miami - I don’t see a lot of activity this far south, but am happy to drive up to meet up and join in on some trips. Looking forward to meeting up.

Reactions: Brutus

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Hey Brotha!

Greatly appreciate the regional info. I am going to get in contact with you shortly to shoot ya some ideas for an OB social event. - Nickzero OB#12727

Reactions: Stickman

ExpeditionDriven

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Howdy from Spring Hill, TN! I just signed up for an OB Membership and am officially member #13187. I am new to the overlanding scene but am super excited to dive right in. I am happy to see a regional group and one of the things I am most excited for is getting to know people who share the love for the outdoors. How can I help build the community in our region?

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Howdy from Spring Hill, TN! I just signed up for an OB Membership and am officially member #13187. I am new to the overlanding scene but am super excited to dive right in. I am happy to see a regional group and one of the things I am most excited for is getting to know people who share the love for the outdoors. How can I help build the community in our region?
What's up man. I'm Nick from Florida member #12727. Nice rig. Bet TN is great wheeling / camping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using OB Talk mobile app

ExpeditionDriven

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

What's up man. I'm Nick from Florida member #12727. Nice rig. Bet TN is great wheeling / camping.
Hey Nick! Yeah TN is pretty sweet. There are tons of camp grounds around here. I am on the search for something a little more primitive off the beaten path. Wish we had some BLM land in the southeast but that's alright. You have any fun spots in FL?

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Hey Nick! Yeah TN is pretty sweet. There are tons of camp grounds around here. I am on the search for something a little more primitive off the beaten path. Wish we had some BLM land in the southeast but that's alright. You have any fun spots in FL?
Yeah I hear only good things about TN. We have a few relaxing spots out here in FL. There is a place called Ocala National Forest which holds some of the nicest lakes, springs and overall trails. We tend to ride up SR-19 N to the NAVY bombing range where most of the kickass trials are. FL is flat but doesn't mean it cant be fun.

Reactions: ExpeditionDriven

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Try wind rock ohv. I know there’s primitive camping out there somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExpeditionDriven

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

Try wind rock ohv. I know there’s primitive camping out there somewhere
Thank you! This place is perfect and I will certainly be checking it out! For anyone else curious, click here for more information on the place. It looks very cool and is close to Catoosa Wildlife Management Area which is where the Nemo Train Tunnel is located. I believe I have found myself a full weekend trip.

@tsteb112 got any other recommendations?

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Thank you! This place is perfect and I will certainly be checking it out! For anyone else curious, click here for more information on the place. It looks very cool and is close to Catoosa Wildlife Management Area which is where the Nemo Train Tunnel is located. I believe I have found myself a full weekend trip.

@tsteb112 got any other recommendations?
Not off the top of my head. I live in Greenville Nc and have never ventured past the NC line westward. Black mountain and mount Mitchell, and uwharrie ohv are in NC and it is very cool and can be very primitive if you want it to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrailBear

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Wendell, NC, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Kinney
Member #

Hello! Don here, hailing from Raleigh, NC! New member (#13188). I grew up in the mountains of Vermont, but my career has led me to the city. I seek nature, wildlife, adventure and solitude every chance I get! I am passionate about photography, and of course blend that with my love of the outdoors! I look forward to meeting you all, going on adventures, and getting some great overlanding photos! I just purchased a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4DLB, and will begin building it up soon! I'll be heading to Overland Expo East in November, hope to see some of you there!

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
View attachment 60225

Hello fellow OB SE members. Recently moved to Columbus, MS from Prescott, AZ! I was wondering if there are any good resources for finding trails/campgrounds around the area (trail books, websites, etc). Thanks in advance!
You must be an ERAU grad in pilot training. Assuming. I'm retired USAF. I have some resources races if you are still interested.

Reactions: jcott329

Ruba-Su

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbia, Tn
Member #

Hey I’m in Springhill also. I started a fb group Mid TN Overland - Dirt road riders if you wanna join to keep up closer with the locals.

DslDad13

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Goodlettsville, TN, USA
Member #

What about Savage Gulf?
I know the hiking are fun, especially when one expects to hike 20 miles and ends up doing 33 miles.
I wonder if there are off road trails there.

Reactions: ExpeditionDriven